Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Approximately 1400 miles on the new VRFI Gen 3. Riding an 08 DXA. Powerline exhaust. Topless. Planned to go for a ride on Father's Day. Started the bike and idle started hunting between 1200 and 1700 RPM for 15 to 20 seconds. Then engine dies. Restarted and same thing happened. Started it for a 3rd time and manually kept the idle about 2000 RPM to keep from stalling. Rode around the block keeping idle above 2000. Got to the house and released throttle. Engine ramped up and down again then died.

Codes Given: U1016, C0562, C1216, C1095. Followed manual flowcharts for U1016 to no avail. "P" Diagnostic gives "no rSP".

Download map from VRFI, applied BLMs, saved, then uploaded to VRFI. Same idle hunting then stall.

For the heck of it I installed stock ECU. Bike started fine with idle at constant 1300-1400 RPM. No hunting of idle. No stalls.

Any suggestions on what to troubleshoot? I've attached my map.:banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanted to give an update to the issue originally posted. I didn't want to waist riding time so I reflashed to the original map for the 1250 motor. Approximately 160 miles...so far so good. Wondering if my map just went bad. So far so good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts