Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i reckon ive finally got a great idea or answer to a problem,on my bike ive got small oval arlen ness mirrors which whilst looking great dont really do jack for seeing behind you let alone whats beside you,after looking in every shop ( bike ,car and mirror)i couldnt find any small cats eyes or round concave mirrors about 1 inch round,,yesterday i got my package of goodiesfrom h,d and in them were the chrome billett cam cover medallion kit ( part number44497-02)i thought maybe they are shiny enough ,not made of shitty plastic had a nice curve ,and a very thin glue so they wouldnt stand out too far off the mirror,i gotta tell you they are the perfect mirror ,they fit perfect not to small or large just nice and now almost no need for blind spot checks cos with the curve of the medallion i can see almost right up to my hips and outno more looking at my shoulders only,and the chrome shines up better than my mirrors,,,,,,,will get camera out tommorrow and put a pic in my gallery ,,,,as you can tell im excited ...lol.......i know it may sound stupid and its not what the part was made for but look into it i reckon its the best thing ive done,,,,

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
nice use of something unrelated!!! Very creative!

personally I have no mirrors, I just turn around and look.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, and I mean Always, look over your shoulder.

"Mirrors can tell you NO, but they can't tell you GO"

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
gtrman66 said:
Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, Always, and I mean Always, look over your shoulder.

I agree even though it's difficult with a full face helmet.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i got over happy writing about my brain wave ,of course i will look over my shoulder but damn its so much betters cos halve the time you knowthere is no need to check over the shoulder cos you can see someone is already there,,,,i swear this has to be my most useful mod so far.check them out you will see what i mean,,,

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
gtrman66 said:

This a fact.Mirrors,no one there,turn and look,go.

I gave a set of these covers to the detail guy at the dealer I use because I use the carbon fiber inserts and never thought of this.
I'm always looking for the little ones at truck stops and the such,good idea.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
4stroker said:
I agree even though it's difficult with a full face helmet.
nahh.. start taking yoga!:stooge:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Most times I ride anything behind me is just getting further away .....

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Mirrors are good because someone can sneek up on you (those darn quiet cagers!). The round mirrors can alert your eye to movement- and that's worth a lot. Good idea!

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
bwds said:
gimme a break need kids out of bed to get em to do it for me ,,,lol,,,,will have pics soon ,,,

Pics look good!:)

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
In-freakin-genius...I love it when people come up with this stuff! Great job! :plause:

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its about time i gave something back to ppl on this site as i have gotten so much from them,,,but wait theres more ,,,just got back reflector replacements ,getting kids to do pics now ,,,hopefully they wont double post again,,,,lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts