Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What comes with the IAT Relocation kit from HD for $60? I run topless so I don't care about having the new lid for the air filter box. I was looking at the current location of the IAT & am thinking that it would be extremely easy to extend the wiring to the inside of the air filter box & secure it with velcro or something. What do you all think?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
That's all you need to do (I assume you have an unrelocated '02)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do......just wondering if that has anything to do related to my little bit of hesitation I still have with your new map....I will give it a try & save me the 60 bucks......Thanks

·
Autobanmod
9,893 Posts
I assume you want to keep the original sensor in it's place inside the intake port and just order a new one and do the cabling etc yourself.
Facing the same situation I decided to order the complete relocation kit because I don't like to cut a tread in this position for blinding the hole with a screw (risk of metal parts getting into the cylinder).
Secondly I was wondering if soldering an extension to the cable might disturb the signal accuracy. If it is a Pt100 it should not matter but if the sensor is a thermoelement then this could happen.
Third I am lazy and don't like fiddling around if I can avoid it at low costs.

Jan

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Jan when I did my relocation I just purchased the kit from chopper steve but still soldered the connections.

McKay it is a very simple install of the kit even if you don't use the lid. I also agree with Jan it is best to leave the old sensor in place and not mess with the opening into the head.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Reinstalling the top

I have an 03.If I decide to reinstall the air filter top should I relocate the iat sensor to the stock location? :hmm:

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Autobanmod
9,893 Posts
...so where is it now?
If you mean the position inside the throttle body the answer is no unless you did'nt remap the EFI

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
I have an 03.If I decide to reinstall the air filter top should I relocate the iat sensor to the stock location? :hmm:

Elrod on the V-Rod
Yes

·
'02 Anodized Club
970 Posts
IAT kit and 28T sprocket

Bought the IAT kit last night for $44 (15% discount this week at Liberty HD in Rahway). Includes a new airbox lid with new mounting hole, new IAT sensor, various wiring plugs and clips. Looks easy to install. leave the old IAT in place.

Also got the 28 tooth kit w. belt for $204. You're right about the weight of the sprocket -- drop in on your foot and you're off to the hospital.....but I don't really need to save a pound or so of weight given my riding style.

If I can't get a RT on discount, I'll have the dealer re-flash to cover both changes when finished. I'm assuming that this is a stock '04 flash, since the rest of my '02 is stock.

Say, Max -- I saw you'd cut holes in your lid. Is there enough room between the skin and the lid to make the flowthru equal to topless? I like the idea of keeping the lid, if the flow is as good as removing the top.

Best to all--

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Does anyone recall the part# for the IAT relocation kit and if I have read correctly, it helps with hot stalling probelms only correct????

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Mustanggt it was to correct a stalling condition but only on the 02 with the SE pipes and flash.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
My '02 originally had the SE slip-ons & filter and flashed for that set up. It now has V & H Powershots, filter and a PCIIIUSB. Is it worth doing the relocation??

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
TOO BAD THEY ARE FASTER WITH IT IN THE OLD PLACE! :driving:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts