Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· SNAFU
13,094 Posts
They are different because the '02 IAT was located at the intake plenum below the airbox. They changed that in '03 as well as making a relocation kit that included a new airbox lid, plug for the old hole and a cable extension (I think). The difference in price is probably the extra cabling and plug you'll need if your '02 didn't already have the IAT relocated to the airbox. If you have an '02 that's already had the IAT relocated to the airbox cover then the $1.95 option is all you would need.

· Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
IAT Flash

mjw930 said:
There's a flash for the '02 bikes that relocate the IAT that's essentually the '03 program. All of the SE flashes assume the IAT has been relocated.

If you can find the part number of the flash I can see if it's before or after the IAT updates. You may already have the correct flash you just need to move the IAT.
I'm I correct reading your post that if my '02 was flashed for the SE Slip-Ons, I do not need an additional flash if I relocte the IAT Sensor???

· Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Is flash needed with a PCIII

I was just told by a H-D tech that if you have a PCIII, you do not need a reflash for the IAD Relocation. Is this correct info. I just ordered the complete relo kit for $50.00.....I currently have the flash for the SE Slip-Ons, along with my PCIIIUSB.

· Registered
199 Posts
mustanggt said:
I was just told by a H-D tech that if you have a PCIII, you do not need a reflash for the IAD Relocation. Is this correct info. I just ordered the complete relo kit for $50.00.....I currently have the flash for the SE Slip-Ons, along with my PCIIIUSB.
I don't buy that. The purpose of the IAT is to tell the ECM the air temp so small changes to the AFR can be made. Cool air is more dense than warm air, and needs more fuel to maintain the same AFR. The PC III is going to make changes to the AFR based solely on throttle position and RPM. The ECM still needs the proper programming to make use of the IAT input.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.