Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ,i won best vrod at the bike show yesterday ,against some stiff bikes , for starters the president of the club has a shop the builds vrods and sells them ,they had 6 bikes they built entered , and another very nice bike from fellow forum member flex 400 was there ,in all there were about 30 vrods in the parking spots ,most of them black fs and dxs and not entered , ,funny i didnt think id have a chance really and didnt turn up at the trophys being handed out was too busy watching hot rods and muscle cars pulling burnouts for fun ,i wandered up and reliased the trophys were being done and was just in time to see the last few car ones given out , cool , i hung around for a while and noticed some trophys under the table ,and saw the one for best vrod ,i wanted to know whos bike beat mine and asked so i could go and check it out or at least remember which one it was ,the dude says ,oh yeah ,the guy didnt pick it up ,i asked which number was it , and it was my number ,lmao ,oh well most of the crowd had gone but i still got my first trophy , even if the did stick me in the backest spot beside all the crowd drawing big assed tire prozac choppers ,i did manage to get a pic with some girlies ,im pretty pumped even wifey was, and bought me a bottle of johnny blue ,,well i wont be cracking that till scott gets here , and then we can have a merry old time ,i may not show my bike again 1 from 1 cant beat that ,lol

Attachments

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Congrats... Keep those knees in the breeze and the rubber side down... I noticed you have the Arnott's slammed :)... Only thing missing is a turbo or blower :)...

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
Congratulations bro :notworth:

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heres a few more vrods at the show ,would have liked to take more but it was a big show with a lot of bikes a huge amount of muscle and performance cars and a freaking huge crowd ,made it very hard

also what numbskull gives out freaking big assed trophys for bike events ,,how tha fock are u ment to get them home on a bike ,let alone a vrod with rizomas so u have to lean forward on ,,lucky i had my back pack,,but still had to borrow a spanner and dismantle it completly ,to fit it in ,got reminded all the way home id won a trophy every time i hit a bump it dug into my shoulders and back ,lol

Attachments

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Ya, ya, ya, don't you ever ride that thing, or do you just polish it and take pictures of it. :)

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations, and you were amonst great looking bikes....
ha ,not where i wanted to be im telling you , i would have like to be near some plain old black bikes with skinny assed rear ends ,instead those things where so bright they made ur eyes hurt and wow their 330 tires made my 260 look like a cheese cutter ,

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, ya, ya, don't you ever ride that thing, or do you just polish it and take pictures of it. :)
ha going for a 2 hour ride in the mountains now wheres it cooler ,its just hit 40c , hows the weather where you are ,:barf:

·
Dean
775 Posts
Congratulations! I have admired your bike, ever since you posted pics of your painted tins.

Does every VROD run Arnott's down under?

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats... Keep those knees in the breeze and the rubber side down... I noticed you have the Arnott's slammed :)... Only thing missing is a turbo or blower :)...
if sprintex would get on their game maybe ,if rotex completly gets the asthetics completly right and more miles are put on them ,thats one more reason im only going 1177 ,turbo no way with our police ,thats just going to get me a unroadworthy sticker one day ,it like russian roulette out of ten cops ,5 cops wont care or know , 3 cops depends on their mood on the day , and 2 cops will just want it off the road,,

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Congraaaatttttssss!!! No wonder with that ass-kicking beautiful beast you have in there!!! Lot's of extraterrestial looking V's in there, but yours was the one with the best taste! Btw with what'$ $pent on body kit on the bike in that third pic you can buy the two SE's in the next pic, and looks like the Alien monster to me, LOL!!!

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations! I have admired your bike, ever since you posted pics of your painted tins.

Does every VROD run Arnott's down under?

it seems to be getting that way ,or legends air ride especially any bikes that are slightly modded and what i noticed yesterday, indys are way to common ,on all the dxs and fs ,that seems to be the common thing here , bars ,arnotts or legend air ride and an indy

most of the ones in the pics above are from the same guy that buys em modds them and sells them ,so he has a fairly standarderdised route he goes ,and mixes it up with different bars and paint

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and looks like the Alien monster to me, LOL!!

fabster , im sure that exactly the look he was going for ,not for me ,but to each their own ,lol,it certainly stands out from the norm dont worry bout that ,lol, but big credit to him all that body work is glass and he has desighned it and made it himself from what i remeber when i spoke to him ,

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
and looks like the Alien monster to me, LOL!!

fabster , im sure that exactly the look he was going for ,not for me ,but to each their own ,lol,it certainly stands out from the norm dont worry bout that ,lol, but big credit to him all that body work is glass and he has desighned it and made it himself from what i remeber when i spoke to him ,
Indeed it's a hell of a job, no questions about that!!! It's a totally different look definitely. As for the lot of DX's, what I've seen is that like any other fashion or trend, almost all V-rods (or any bikes specially HD) are now all blacked-out, and then they all look almost the same! Love that trend, but it's becoming all too common unfortunately... The same with cars with blacked rims, you can't even distinguish what kind of rims they are from the distance!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
You have done a lot of nice things with that bike, that sharp edged trophy was certainly earned. Great paint.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
ha going for a 2 hour ride in the mountains now wheres it cooler ,its just hit 40c , hows the weather where you are ,:barf:
-22. I went for a ride in the car today. :) Oh and I watched the Aussie women's final, I'm a Li Na fan. It was 22 in the house. :bash:

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Congrats on your win, beautiful bike, Skip

1 - 20 of 73 Posts