Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
You mean she doesn`t live with you!? That`s terrible. Go visit the poor thing will ya!

·
Fries with that?
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She'll come home in the spring... has been living in the shop with her Sportster cousin and our little bike while her warranty issues were worked out (John says she's "being punished").

The more I look at the photos and posts around here, the more I am reminded of how much fun she is... the sound of her exhaust... the way she'd pull and pull... all the way to redline...

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Took mine out for a spin 2 days ago to "tend the battery." It was freezing, but when I got back, frozen snot and all, I still had a huge smile on my face!

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Hey, it had been in the 30's every morning when I ride to work. Might have been a toasty 40 this morning. But high 50's and even a 65 driving home. As long as it doesn't rain, I ride. Gotta love fuel injection. No choke, starts right up.
Lousy gas mileage when its cold, though. low 30 mpg's. Tried a portable radio with ear plugs. decided I'd rather listen to the engine. Ain't it sweet.

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
As mine is getting broken in (now 2200 miles) , the gas mileage seems to be getting better. I took a putt last weekend and averaged 46mpg! Two lane cruising at 60-70 mostly, with a little highway 75-80 and some in town.

It's cold in the mornings here, around 30, but daytime highs in the mid 70's. Nice being on her today. What a sweet ride.

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
I walked by mine when i was in the garage............Getting the Ice pick to see if i could clear away some of the ice from my walkways!!:banghead

·
Registered
36 Posts
i was working in the garage yesterday and kept looking at the rod all day till i couldnt resist, got the key, started her up, blip blip on the throttle, damn those v mods sound sweet! to bad theres so much snow between the shop and the road, she`ll have to wait.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I brought some new Polished and Chrome Race stuff to the shop were she's been on Display for the Last Month and a Half! :helpme: Supposed to be ready for the weekend!:notworthy

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had to put the cover on mine so that I wouldn't feel tempted to fire her up everytime I'm in the garage and see her there... just looking at me...with that "wish it was summer" look.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
I love my V-Rod too!
So much that I'm having a hard time leaving her for break installation. In a box, two fronts, one rear aftermarket calipers. He might sell them if I don't get her there. I have more time and trying to enjoy time with the V so told him to do whatever, I know of a proctologist. I bought my bike to go.

Man! Do I feel for the winter people, I can ride all year thanks allmighty. Except! Jeez, hurricane season passed without much rain, and NOW it rains almost daily (still ride, not as fun).

Dyno day today so chill, paint the fence, up, down. Did the skinny chic.
What's break in?;) 2200 miles?:sinister: She might get mad, she likes it rough:cheers: . Go out warm up, shake it man, shake, brrrrrr, rev it waata, waaaaaaaatatatata, call everyone, get those children off the street damit, get out of suburbia, do 8000 fast in first, don't let off, shift to second, wide left hander, keep it pinned waaaaaa sideways, 7000 waaaaaa, 8000 don't let go waaaaaa, third to gzillion mph front car coming atcha waaaaaaaaaaaa, don't let go damit, DO NOT LET GO, old lady saw you in rear view mirror, blaaaaaaahrrrrr past LOL, f**k the road look at LOL's face :eek: (or was it a bus full of nuns, maybe a cop). pop. drool woke me up. Damn! Daydreams of a so called RUB. I just, I, I just forgot my lithium:rofl3: .

If someone doesn't get it it's because I'm kidding :rolleyes: (about the lithium, break in, the children part, and daydreaming).
BUT above is a description of 4am to work today, seemed like just a white mustang from behind, never had a chance on the little POS, was a cop, got to me (much) later at work while parked, bought the lie about an emergency, complimented the bike, no ticket :)stilpoke has VTX and we racin cause I wanna kick HIS ass). HA! Just going early to get dyno time later, will tell him after I kick his ass, of course beers first. Just got upstairs and miss my V-Rod already. God do I love this bike. It don't fit the family room.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I was sitting at a light the other day, when this stunning blonde sitting in a black H2 in the next lane talking on her cell (of course), rolls down her window, leans out and says "I have one of those at home" , gives me a killer smile, closes the window and goes back to her conversation. (I'm hoping she meant a real one not one of those RC models.)

Made my day.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Looks like I should visit Plano....

:icon_mrgr

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I hate winter(snow),but I love my v-rod yo much to take it out and break it on the ice and snow covered roads.I love it in one pc, so it can sit and hypernate thru the winter.Very shortly within the next couple of weeks I'll be getting tearing into her and doing some cosmetic surgery.
I HATE WINTER

·
Fries with that?
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I visited her on Friday when I brought lunch for the shop (was the SO's B-day). Was in the very back row, behind some other stuff so I couldn't take her out :( but the roads here are all quite salty and after all he went through with getting those chrome and aluminum parts warranteed, it's just as well.

I printed out the carbon-fiber wheel thread for him... so the seeds have been planted. He preferred the 5-spoke over the 3... muahahahaaaaaaaaa

1 - 16 of 16 Posts