Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just committed to my bike for this year. A 2003 with 2400 miles in close to showroom condition. Now I just cross my fingers that the weather will give me a break to ride my Ducati (trade) up and the new ride back.
The reason for this introduction is that I want to ask you all to watch my activity...If I even ASK about anything that will cost me $$$...STOP ME:bash::bash:

In the past I have spent silly money on my bikes to "personalize" them and as most of you know that $$$ never comes back. I would like to just ride this bike rather than throw money at it so don't hesitate to abuse me if I ask about modifications:cheers:

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
:vrodforu:

But you came to the wrong group if your wanting to not spend money:D

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,403 Posts
Nice looking ride- looks like it is ready to start the modding...:hidesbeh:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I go against the grain here, I see no need to do anything to it. It's fine as is. Well, maybe because I didn't need to do anything to mine, I hate losing $$$. If I keep it, I HAVE got to buy a seat with a backrest for myself.....I've had a broken back and can't ride long without a backrest, but that's just me. Welcome aboard!

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,403 Posts
2003...those had that tiny little fuel tank didn't they? That's a mod. Just sayin'. :D

Phatass
Yep, and wait till he hears about the wind wobble created by those stock wheels :eek::eek::eek:

Another mod - just saying..:hidesbeh:

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
And I think Gorby would LOVE to get his hands on those solids.. :angeldev: :broke:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uh-Oh...this will be a dangerous place to hang out.:broke:

Luckily functional items such as small backrest, grips, and such I really don't consider those mods. :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Other than the pillion seat and the base plate it looks pretty virgin.
It would be nice to mold another virgin to my delight again.
I was going to ask if anyone recognized the seat. It doesn't have the anniversary logo and pillion doesn't look right without a backrest.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,403 Posts
I was going to ask if anyone recognized the seat. It doesn't have the anniversary logo and pillion doesn't look right without a backrest.

Looks like the Sundowner seat .... made for comfort, not looks....

BTW - is the exhaust too quiet??? another mod !!!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like the Sundowner seat .... made for comfort, not looks....

BTW - is the exhaust too quiet??? another mod !!!!!
I was actually surprised, I like the exhaust note. I had Rinehart True Duals on my FLHRS, Ferracci on the Ducati...etc. I think that the only bike I had with stock exhaust was my GL1800 Wing so I will try my best to live with the stock pipes...:D

·
Registered
731 Posts
Stock mirrors look like Micky Mouse ears, that's a mod. Footpegs, that's a mod...Good luck with all this. :D

Phatass

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stock mirrors look like Micky Mouse ears, that's a mod. Footpegs, that's a mod...Good luck with all this. :D

Phatass
NO...mirrors and pegs are safety items...that is what I tell my wife:deal:

·
911Punisher
129 Posts
Yeah that IS the sundowner seat. Very comfy!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Welcome, ethical dilemma, we can only encourage, you're on your own when the final call is made.

Stay strong, BTW, I have a nice set of Chromed Solids for sale, easy transaction & we're local.

:angeldev:
With a name like TAXMAN do you actually think that I would buy anything from you:hidesbeh:

:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts