Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want new wheels--suggestions? I was looking at the Arlen Ness Reaper and Psycho designs. they're $1k each. Wow, i better get a winning powerball ticket!

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Any of the aftermarket Custom wheels will cost you approx $1k apiece for chrome. Keep in mind, depending on the design you may have some wait before getting them (up to 3mos). Also, some of the manufacturers rear wheel does not come with the cush drive which means you will also have to purchase their rear pulley.

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're killing me! The pix you posted is the reason I want new wheels! They're *smoking*! Just told Val last night that I dumped a paycheck in chrome last week and that was all I was spending till next year. Boy was I wrong!

Did they require any hub adapters, rotors, pulley, etc? ORdered direct from RC?

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brent_walkoviak said:
Any of the aftermarket Custom wheels will cost you approx $1k apiece for chrome. Keep in mind, depending on the design you may have some wait before getting them (up to 3mos). Also, some of the manufacturers rear wheel does not come with the cush drive which means you will also have to purchase their rear pulley.
Wow I don't want to wait that long into the season. So, which manufacturer/vendors should I be looking to keep my cush drive and get the wheels in a reasonable (say, 4-5 weeks) timeframe? I didn't see any references to the cush drive except Arlen Ness' website that stated a hub adapter is necessary.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
The manufacture can give you better idea on what the wait time is, but check:
www.pro-one.com or www.performancemachine.com both have a great line of wheels and I believe some are coming with cush drives but you will have to ask.

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, lots of info there for me. Now off to do some homework.

I called my HD dealer and they just blew me off. Spent lots fo money with them too. Oh well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
PPM here in Savannah, Ga has a set of slasher's in stock with cush drive. Reasonably priced. Ask for Tony. 9124471038

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What/who is PMM in Savannah? I googled but nothing relevant came up. Help!

mtbtreker said:
PMM here in Savannah, Ga has a set of slasher's in stock with cush drive. Reasonably priced.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I ordered the WELD raciing Recluse wheels and according to my tracking number, they will be here tomorrow :thumb: !!!

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts
reichard - No idea where they came from a buddy of mine got them for me at cost (he ownes the shop), I assume they came directly from RC. As for adapters, agian no idea. I'll ask next time I see him, as far as I know no adapters. AS you my have noticed it also has RC sprocket and rotors

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
If Cost is an Object I won't tell you about Mine! :hidesbeh:

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I keep coming back to Arlen Ness so I'll give them a later later today. i'll be stuck in a preliminary court hearing all morning too. I want some wheels!

Looks like I have about a $3500 budget and I'll do most of it on my own. Wish there was an indy shop around here.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Got my WELD Recluse wheels, pulley, and rotors in the mail today!!! They look incredible :plause: ...hopefully will be able to have them on in a week or so...will post pics when I do

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
rude122 said:
Got my WELD Recluse wheels, pulley, and rotors in the mail today!!! They look incredible :plause: ...hopefully will be able to have them on in a week or so...will post pics when I do
How lond did it take?My buddy is looking for some new wheels and want a 240.Having a Hard Time finding anything IN STOCK! :banghead:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts