Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I will give him a shout. I have heard different variations of Pwerline have different levels of "loudness" ?

What makes this difference, as I would like mine only medium loud, not ear plug wearing loud.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Many things add or take away from the loudness of a powerline, including length of the 3rd volume. They are easy enough to tone down by adding packing into the 3rd volume though.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I believe Wicked makes his a little longer than Powerlines, is that correct? Does shorter equal louder?
Is packing something I can do after I get the exhaust back and modify to my liking, Ive never done it before.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Wicked's is about 3" shorter than the Powerline and he cuts down the stock 3rd volume heatshield to fit.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, well Il go with him if he answers PM.

Somebody told me I need 08 orolder headers, why is this?

basically i need to find an o8 or older caw exhaust system used, thats the first step right?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
think the headers & 3rd volume on your DX are one piece welded together. Think headers from an 'A' or AW model would work as well, and if you want the O2 sensor bungs you'll need an '08 or newer AW headers, or have new bungs welded into the replacement headers.
I've often wondered why you can't simply cut off the 3rd volume at the weld & install the replacement 3rd volume.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for your help AOW. I just want to tear my hair out trying to figure out what exhaust to try and find used to get myself started.

Like this thought crossed my mind, IF A headers fit my bike what would stop someone from putting that entire sytem on a DX?? I must be friggen clueless I tell ya.

·
** Place ad here **
1,460 Posts
think the headers & 3rd volume on your DX are one piece welded together. Think headers from an 'A' or AW model would work as well, and if you want the O2 sensor bungs you'll need an '08 or newer AW headers, or have new bungs welded into the replacement headers.
I've often wondered why you can't simply cut off the 3rd volume at the weld & install the replacement 3rd volume.
Unless they changed the setup from 08 to 09, the headers are NOT welded to the 3rd volume. I have had mine completely apart.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, Mega...

That is what I want, now stop teasing meeee! lol

I want it now, but my head is spinning from reading these threads on how to get it done.

WHos bike is that? Maybe he can help me out. Id be willing to pay anybody to build it for me a good chunk of change.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
photogger

1 - 16 of 16 Posts