Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Live 2 Ride
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass this along. I have seen pics of this bike on this forum, but don't know who the owner is and figured someone else might know. The ad just didn't look right and it looks like someone is using a pic from this forum. If I'm wrong, my apologies. Just looking out....Thanks.
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcd/3017451457.html

·
redneckgearhead
267 Posts
odd, no specifics, no price, no phone number....

·
Registered
87 Posts
My guess is a scam. I bet this person found the picture on this site or another one. I am guessing this is how a response email will go from the "seller".

" Bike is in great shape, very low miles, etc. etc. etc..................
I will pay for shipping to your location. Just send the asking price via Amazon Payments. This is how I want the deal to go through. Once the payment is cleared I will ship the bike".

·
Live 2 Ride
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew I had seen this bike on this forum before....yea scam for sure...when you own a bike like this the owner would be proud as hell to list all the extras if they were trying to sell it....i know i would.

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Bad VR to the batphone please.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
This seems to happen at least once a month with Frank's bike.

·
'04 1300
3,061 Posts
If Frank received a royalty each time that picture was used in a scam, he could afford to give the bike away.

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
We need to form a vigilante group......pretend we wanna buy it .....but have to hand over cash.....wink wink.....because we can't buy with anything else.....if u know wot I mean......

Unfortunately these ppl are in Nigeria most likely.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Again? That bike gets around!

·
Frank
4,314 Posts
Here we go again.

I have the bike on eBay, but this kind of crap makes real buyers scared of my real ad.

I just flagged that Craigslist Ad so it should be down soon. I also emiled the guy to let him know that he has been using MY bike in his scams.

·
Registered
501 Posts
LOL I'll give you the 6000$ they have it listed for on the Rhode Island Craig's list add!!!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Oh come on now guys This is NOT a scam!!! It is a great looking bike and not really an "uncommon" bike at that! It's the "Craigslist Special Addition", it just never really caught on and therefore they tend to go pretty cheap. I like them so well that I have bought TWO and a friend of mine is working on getting one, too! I heard Tom Cruise bought one for Katie Holmes as a "parting gift"; a sharp Scientology guy like Tom would never fall for a "scam"!

My first one was supposed to arrive a couple days ago, must have a shipping problem.......really been looking forward to riding it, hope it makes it here for the parade on the 4th!!!!!

Anyway, just to keep you Nervous Nellies happy, I'll get a hold of the seller and ask him what he knows. He sure has been helpful so far....when the bank balked at transferring the money, he knew just how to smooth talk them into doing things right! And I sure plan to give that shipper an earful when he arrives!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Maybe I should be flattered, but I am just pissed as they just screw up my chances at at a real sale.
I agree this a-hole is probably gonna make it a little difficult for you to maybe sale that beautiful bike. Hope you get this mess lined out so there won't be problems. Its people like this that make it hard on an honest person.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts