Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Dreaming of Twisties
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few weeks have not been especially progressive for the Streetrod members of the forum. There's been a lot of crap going on about the VRSCR model - people giving opinions which are completely unwarranted, and as I see them, are simply trying to troll up trouble around here.

Now I understand that I can't be the morality police everywhere here on the forum, but I'm really drawing a clear line on posts in the VRSCR section. I'm tired of people posting irrelevant opinions, talking trash about our bikes, and overall clouding a lot of the issues that are specific to our variant.

So yes, I'm up on my soapbox here. :soapbox: But I try to read every post in the VRSCR section and I've seen so much of this and it seems to be getting worse and worse - if we don't get together and really start:

1) Stop putting up with the general sentiment that the "R" model is inferior. Nobody likes hearing that the VRSC line is inferior to other bikes, and nobody puts up with that around here. If someone has some constructive criticism about forward controls vs. mids, low handlebars vs. pullbacks, inverted forks vs. conventional, or high seat heights vs. low, we're all happy to hear them, but these comments like the Street Rod was an embarrasment and the like have no place.

2) Clearly explain to members who post within the "R" section of the forum to ensure they understand that their comment may or may not be applicable to their bike, especially to help prevent confusion to members who may not be reading as carefully as we might.

3) Let's all really band together and be a cohesive unit - we've got a lot of great members here on the 1130cc group, as well as the VRSCR registry. All of this infighting does nothing to help our cause. If you're here to talk trash, be disrespectful to others, and voice your opinion whether it's wanted or not, you're a troll and I have no time for you. But the rest of you, Max especially, thank you for sharing your experiences, advice, and enjoyment of this motorcycle that we all ride together.

Thanks for listening.

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts
I haven't read any of the shit throwing posts you're talking about. I have a VRSCA and love it. However, I have spent some considerable time on an Streetrod as well. All I can say to the detractors out there is that you need to spend some time in the saddle of an "R" to really appreciate it. It is simply the best handling and most capable model in the entire line. If you've never ridden one, you're missing out on a lot of fun.

·
Dreaming of Twisties
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CaptClose said:
I haven't read any of the shit throwing posts you're talking about. I have a VRSCA and love it. However, I have spent some considerable time on an Streetrod as well. All I can say to the detractors out there is that you need to spend some time in the saddle of an "R" to really appreciate it. It is simply the best handling and most capable model in the entire line. If you've never ridden one, you're missing out on a lot of fun.
Thanks Capt - I appreciate the props for the StreetRod - but my point is that whether you like it or not - don't talk shit about somebody else's bike.

I've riden A's, B's, D's, DX's, and R's. They're all V-Rods.

Can't we all just get along?

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
They're all V-Rods
I wish I could have one of each, but I chose the "r" because it was different, and I like the fact that you can carve road kinda like a sport bike.

I really like all the Vrod's and I never understood why anyone would put down someone elses bike, especially if it's obvious that they like it...what's the point?

V rod owners are people that see the future of HD, no matter what model you choose.

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
Just chalk it up to the typical poking fun we like to give each other. It's part of life and it's in every facet of life. Saying that it bothers you usually is an invitation to make it worse....like hens poking at a wound once it's exposed. Nobody's immune to it and no matter what bike you have there's going to be people putting it down for one reason or another whether warranted or not. There's a lot better places to be putting your energy than into letting this bother you. Be proud of your bike by continuing to be upbeat about it...you deserve it.

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
oh, and have a nice day

·
FireBum
485 Posts
I always knew I wanted a V-Rod but I didn,t know they had forward controls. I told the salesman I could never get used to that. He suggested I try the "R" so I did. Then I knew why I, as well as others must buy the "A". You gotta be able to touch the ground! I bet a lot of the nay sayers have short legs.:sad:WAH!

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Well I think all Vrods rule. These are incredible bikes, and each model has its own character and strengths. :notworth:

I would be glad to ride next to any Vrod model :)

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
Speedy818 said:
The past few weeks have not been especially progressive for the Streetrod members of the forum. There's been a lot of crap going on about the VRSCR model - people giving opinions which are completely unwarranted, and as I see them, are simply trying to troll up trouble around here.

Now I understand that I can't be the morality police everywhere here on the forum, but I'm really drawing a clear line on posts in the VRSCR section. I'm tired of people posting irrelevant opinions, talking trash about our bikes, and overall clouding a lot of the issues that are specific to our variant.

So yes, I'm up on my soapbox here. :soapbox: But I try to read every post in the VRSCR section and I've seen so much of this and it seems to be getting worse and worse - if we don't get together and really start:

1) Stop putting up with the general sentiment that the "R" model is inferior. Nobody likes hearing that the VRSC line is inferior to other bikes, and nobody puts up with that around here. If someone has some constructive criticism about forward controls vs. mids, low handlebars vs. pullbacks, inverted forks vs. conventional, or high seat heights vs. low, we're all happy to hear them, but these comments like the Street Rod was an embarrasment and the like have no place.

2) Clearly explain to members who post within the "R" section of the forum to ensure they understand that their comment may or may not be applicable to their bike, especially to help prevent confusion to members who may not be reading as carefully as we might.

3) Let's all really band together and be a cohesive unit - we've got a lot of great members here on the 1130cc group, as well as the VRSCR registry. All of this infighting does nothing to help our cause. If you're here to talk trash, be disrespectful to others, and voice your opinion whether it's wanted or not, you're a troll and I have no time for you. But the rest of you, Max especially, thank you for sharing your experiences, advice, and enjoyment of this motorcycle that we all ride together.

Thanks for listening.
"not especially progressive"? Where did you get that? Would you otherwise be progressing somewhere or to something? Are the bikes somehow morphing into something else?

"opinions which are unwarranted"? Should our opinions have a warranty? Holy cow, I didn't know that! Does the phrase "as I see them" indicate you are giving your "unsolicited" opinion? (was that perhaps the word you were searching for?)

"YOU" are drawing a "clear line" on posts in the VRwhatever it is forum? Did you get promoted last night? Is anyone else aware of it? Sounds a little like a Barney Fife mentality if you ask me.

and to your bullet points:
1. I don't recall reading a bunch of posts about the R being inferior. Did someone specific hurt your feelings or was it a gang bang? Please let us know so we can apprehend the culprits.
2. Completely unintelligible group of words. I can't even tell what you're trying to say.
3. "Let's all band together and be a cohesive unit"? What, are we all getting an apartment together somewhere? I certainly hope not because I can't bear to think of trying to sleep with all the snoring and farting going on. Not to mention the noises from Lux and what's her name.

Obviously I'm poking at you but I don't think you're going to make progress putting up any posts like that Sport.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think 2) might be ref to me carelessly posting in here without noticing it was the R forum (mea culpa). As to the rest, tinfoil hat time.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
"B" still rule!!... all vrod's are way cool!!

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
I think a lot of people (like me) don't even notice the forum section when clicking on a thread in "New Posts". That said I'm going to have to ride an "R" sometime and see what all the fuss is about. Until I actually ride one I won't make any insults though, kidding or otherwise, but they're still funny to read so lighten up and have fun with it. :D

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
shiningrmur said:
Im glad the R gets dissed, its a reminder that Im not one of the sheep:stilpoke: :hidesbeh:
:them:

I bought A V-Rod to stand out from the sheep. That I bought an R, even more so.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I take David's (lux) ribbing about the R for what it's worth. I know he's just stirring the pot to stir the pot. I think he's bored a lot.

Louis eventually realized he was in the wrong forum and actually said "my bad" after a couple of beatings.

There's some new guy calling himself naval8 or some such name that has a grand total of about 60 posts with half of them exactly as described above (pure unadulterated hatred for the R). I have no use for him at all. A couple more and off he goes to ignore land, which is what I recommend for anybody that has a problem with what somebody posts.

Don't worry, be happy and the happiest you can be is on an R :D

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
I'm mostly sensitive Right now because I've been tRavelling for a month without the oppoRtunity to pet my Rod much less Ride it. I'll be good once I get home.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: sounds like someone got their feelings hurt. By the way, what is an "R" model?

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
hamletexpress said:
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: sounds like someone got their feelings hurt. By the way, what is an "R" model?
:rofl:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts