Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally saw a 2008 DX with the Orange stripes accent, looking at it on line ect.. and my complete disdain for the color orange I will admit the bike looks really sharp And since He shows bikes I dont have to worry about showing up and seeing bags and fairing frigging it up. 2 years in a row and HD hasnt screwed up the DX yet, could be a record for them. I wish the dealers here had at least 1 on the floor of any of the 2008 Vrods

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
I saw one today as well. Not as horrid as I had imagined it would be. Still don't care for the spokes though.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pegdragger said:
I saw one today as well. Not as horrid as I had imagined it would be. Still don't care for the spokes though.
Spokes? On a DX? That would terrible.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
I saw 2 new 08 models at the local dealer. An anniversary and a DX. The DX is AWESOME looking and I love the copper/black color scheme on the anniversary.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shudude said:
I saw 2 new 08 models at the local dealer. An anniversary and a DX. The DX is AWESOME looking and I love the copper/black color scheme on the anniversary.
You are alone with that last statement, That thing with the spokes and paint combo would make me want to murder myself if I had to look at that everyday.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
What did you expect from a guy with a '03 twotone V-Rod Bagger :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I saw a anniv. model(vrscaw) yesterday for the first time. I loved the color scheme with the ann. badges. The only thing that I did not like was the spokes on the front tire. Was really disappointed that I did not get to see a softail rocker which I have seen pictures of. Dealer here in Canada said it would probably be November till we see them as he said that they had not even produced any yet. Go figure.

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
luxlamf said:
Spokes? On a DX? That would terrible.
Sorry, half asleep. I didn't read it correctly. I thought he meant the Anniversary.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shudude said:
What did you expect from a guy with a '03 twotone V-Rod Bagger :D
Well at least you did it to an 03 and didnt ruin a 02. The only nice about the 2008 Annivers. is the Badge.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I don't like anything about the 105th anniversary bikes. Especially the badge. I could live with the color if I had to, but the spoked wheel and ugly badges would be gone as sonn as I got it home.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vrod-Mike said:
I don't like anything about the 105th anniversary bikes. Especially the badge. I could live with the color if I had to, but the spoked wheel and ugly badges would be gone as sonn as I got it home.
So judgmental

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
luxlamf said:
Well at least you did it to an 03 and didnt ruin a 02. The only nice about the 2008 Annivers. is the Badge.
Really? :barf:
That's the only thing I dont like about it.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
shudude said:
+1, you are NOT alone.
But what do I know, I drive an R with bags and a windshield :D

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I took a trip down to Myrtle Beach yesterday and stopped into MB Harley. They were uncrating a DX, but it was the Denim black. Have'nt seen an Orange one yet. I have mixed thoughts on the new Copper color. It sure looks good on the new Fatboy.

·
The Instigator!
2,226 Posts
The DX is getting very popular and I'll probably go for one in a few years if available....

I had an airhead buddy call me yesterday as his riding partner just got a DX and wanted to know what exhausts are available for '08 DX's...

Hopefully we'll have a new member soon searching here for info!

Just saw the latest edition of Automobile Magazine with the '08 DX ad on the 1st page too..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts