Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Guys for those of you who have gone back and forth about which way to go (turbo, BB, SC) let me tell you my impressions....

today I rode Maxs' bike (thanks Max) in an effort to sort through all the postings....besides a drop dead beautiful bike, all I can say as it was an eye opener! I was expecting a turbo sticking out far from the engine interfering with my right leg. Maybe even after market looking plumbing....loads of turbo lag, hard hit when it comes on, etc. etc....

well ....WRONG! If Harley had designed this turbo themselves they could not have developed a more sanitary setup! Nick did an unbelievable job designing his
TRASK turbo! It is a piece of art!

The power is so linear it is unbelieveable...my big question was turbo lag. I tend to drive around on the low end of the rpm range while cruising....it was really undetectable! AND HAUL ASS! yes it will! I had spoken to max previously asking about going to a 28 / 26 primary as an alternative to the tall first gear of my 02...Max said, you dont need it... that he felt it revved to much while cruising the highways, and that he had put his 30T back on...as I was pulling out of Max's driveway I immediately noticed it felt like it was geared way down ....I thought uh,huh! you do have a 28T on it.....he immediately took off the airbox and had me put my hand over the wategate to feel the air going through. He did this to illustrate that the turbo was pulling even from a easy start!

I am sold! to think he has 64,000 miles on his bike and roughly (20,000 with the turbo)....I am telling you guys it is the way to go! I can not have been more surprised! I have owned two turbo'd cars and this is so nice and winds up so quickly you will be picking bugs from your teeth because you can't get the shit eating grin off your face!

Feel free to e mail me if you have any questions, take care all!

Bob

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks for the info, now I just gotta get the 5 grand to get the kit.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
TheLongRodHome said:
Is this a trask system ?
Yes it is. It's about the best looking system I've seen on a V-Rod.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
I have yet to ride one, but I have seen 3 or 4 bikes with the Trask system. It really does look like it was designed by the MoCo, in regards to how it fits on the bike and doesn't stick out like a big witches wart.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I won't ride one because right after I did I know my credit card would be charged for 5k which I am desperately trying to pay off.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Bob it was good to meet you. I hope it didn't make climbing back on the stock bike too difficult. :)

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Mike that is a great write up. Max let me ride it at the rally and that was the first turbo bike I had been on. I expected alot of the same that yoo did, and the poor band was almost the same as my big bore. It is cool of him to let people experience a turbo by letting people ride it. Some people don't dare think about doing that.

Max, the 02 is becoming a reguler Demo bike for Trask. I would be willing to bet that seat has had more men's asses in it then Tyson's hands.....well maybe not that many.

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Oh and you have to love that blow off valve.......awesome!

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
I would be willing to bet that seat has had more men's asses in it then Tyson's hands.....well maybe not that many.
Here we go!
:rofl2:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
Mike that is a great write up. Max let me ride it at the rally and that was the first turbo bike I had been on. I expected alot of the same that yoo did, and the poor band was almost the same as my big bore. It is cool of him to let people experience a turbo by letting people ride it. Some people don't dare think about doing that.

Max, the 02 is becoming a reguler Demo bike for Trask. I would be willing to bet that seat has had more men's asses in it then Tyson's hands.....well maybe not that many.

Hey now the difference between my bike and Tyson is some very pretty woman have ridden my bike also. :rofl:

8675309999999999999999 :rofl:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You guys are killing me. I want a turbo soooo bad. When I first started on the V, I was amazed at the power behind it. I am getting too used to it and want to feel that rush again. I just dont have th $5K for one right now. I keep telling myself I am 40 y/o. I dont need a turbo. I dont need a turbo. I DONT NEED A TURBO! but I want a turbo.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
sssswwwwwooooooooooooossssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Max said:
Bob it was good to meet you. I hope it didn't make climbing back on the stock bike too difficult. :)
Ahem...it's happened once before. Rob is living proof :deal: I'm sure it will happen again ;)

Darn Turbo's....:D

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
Yes Max was gracious enough to let me ride his bike too. Let's just say that you had better have the front wheel pointing where you want to go when you twist the throttle, because you'll be going there THIS FAST!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
rrk0818 said:

Guys for those of you who have gone back and forth about which way to go (turbo, BB, SC) let me tell you my impressions....

today I rode Maxs' bike (thanks Max) in an effort to sort through all the postings....besides a drop dead beautiful bike, all I can say as it was an eye opener! I was expecting a turbo sticking out far from the engine interfering with my right leg. Maybe even after market looking plumbing....loads of turbo lag, hard hit when it comes on, etc. etc....

well ....WRONG! If Harley had designed this turbo themselves they could not have developed a more sanitary setup! Nick did an unbelievable job designing his
TRASK turbo! It is a piece of art!

The power is so linear it is unbelieveable...my big question was turbo lag. I tend to drive around on the low end of the rpm range while cruising....it was really undetectable! AND HAUL ASS! yes it will! I had spoken to max previously asking about going to a 28 / 26 primary as an alternative to the tall first gear of my 02...Max said, you dont need it... that he felt it revved to much while cruising the highways, and that he had put his 30T back on...as I was pulling out of Max's driveway I immediately noticed it felt like it was geared way down ....I thought uh,huh! you do have a 28T on it.....he immediately took off the airbox and had me put my hand over the wategate to feel the air going through. He did this to illustrate that the turbo was pulling even from a easy start!

I am sold! to think he has 64,000 miles on his bike and roughly (20,000 with the turbo)....I am telling you guys it is the way to go! I can not have been more surprised! I have owned two turbo'd cars and this is so nice and winds up so quickly you will be picking bugs from your teeth because you can't get the shit eating grin off your face!

Feel free to e mail me if you have any questions, take care all!

Bob

I wonder who turned Max on too Turbo V-rod's?:kaz: Now if I only got my commissions:broke: ! Max is the Turbo Spokesman Now:notworth: .

Attachments

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, be nice Max! rode my dog home fast......thinking ok, if I just dont say a word.....will anyone notice the visa statement......

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
ragbagz said:
You guys are killing me. I want a turbo soooo bad. When I first started on the V, I was amazed at the power behind it. I am getting too used to it and want to feel that rush again. I just dont have th $5K for one right now. I keep telling myself I am 40 y/o. I dont need a turbo. I dont need a turbo. I DONT NEED A TURBO! but I want a turbo.
40 years old and you don't need a turbo?
I'm 47, guess you have to be a little more mature before you get a turbo:D

Never ever have regretted one bit getting the turbo. It has been the most fun I've had. Usually when you have to spend 5 grand on something, it's to fix or replace something, this 5 grand was just for me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts