Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking through the mall the other day and decided to run into the sunglass store and check out the new oakley line-up. I have always been a big fan of oakley sunglasses for some reason. I currently own 7-8 pairs of oakleys but have actually owned more in the past. Wel while looking, I found THE pair I just had to have. I picked out a pair of Oakley canteens.

i looked at the price tag and was even more pleased only $95!!! This is cheap for a pair of oakleys imho, especially ones to be getting hit by bugs constantly. Well after shooting the sh!t with the guy I find out they only had the display set in stock. Not wanting to get the ones everyone has tried on and dropped I decided to just order them from a buddy that is an oakley dealer.

I check them out on the website and I realize that I can order my glasses with transition lenses!! no more carrying 2 pairs of glasses for me! One pair for night and day is all i need!!! I call my buddy immediately and ask him some pricing. $95 retail for standard lenses, $170 for transition lenses. I loved them, so I placed the order and they arrived monday. I have been wearing them for a few days and I have to say how much I really like these glasses. I can see comfortably in ANY lighting condition now. Bright sunlight...check, inside the building....check!

i give them 2 thumbs up!!!!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I don't know about you, but for me transitional lenses just don't get dark enough. I like my sunglasses dark and transitionals just don't do it for me.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vrod-Mike said:
I don't know about you, but for me transitional lenses just don't get dark enough. I like my sunglasses dark and transitionals just don't do it for me.
they arent as dark as my oakley juliets and I am getting used to that. I typically like them darker as well, but these get just dark enough that I don't have to squint, I guess anything else is kinda overkill.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i think i need to see them on you .. and in light and dark so i can see how clear the clear is and how dark the dark is ..

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will try and get some possible pics tomorrow

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
I agree, I have a set of transitions and while better than nothing, and better than carrying (losing/breaking) clip on sunglasses, they just don't get very dark. Riding time = contacts and dark sunglasses for me.

-jt

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
i think i need to see them on you .. and in light and dark so i can see how clear the clear is and how dark the dark is ..

My experience is that they aren't totally clear. They always have a slight tint to them. Being a person that wears prescription lenses I've tried just about everything.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JaredT said:
I agree, I have a set of transitions and while better than nothing, and better than carrying (losing/breaking) clip on sunglasses, they just don't get very dark. Riding time = contacts and dark sunglasses for me.

-jt
well keep in mind.. these are transition sunglasses. not transition optical glasses... optical's get a certain % darker from clear. These get the same % darker from an already tinted lens.

these are tinted in the dark, but they are very light... in the sunlight they get dark enough to mask your eyes completely

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
very nice, I just hate spending that kind of cash on sunglasses. I have the habit of loosing, breaking, cleaning with sandpaper or anything else that destroyes them

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
powergod said:
very nice, I just hate spending that kind of cash on sunglasses. I have the habit of loosing, breaking, cleaning with sandpaper or anything else that destroyes them
i am the same way with cheap glasses, but spend a couple hundred bones on a nice pair and you'll be extra careful not to break them

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Here you go. Travis with new specs. :D

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vrodderD said:
Here you go. Travis with new specs. :D

bwahahahahaha!

you've been hacking into my account again haven't you!:notworth:

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
:stilpoke: Just kidding bud. They look good.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
vrodderD said:
:stilpoke: Just kidding bud. They look good.
hahaha
I thought it was very funny! It looked just like me!:moon:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just got a pair of REVO's for the same reason as Vrod Mike stated earlier. I like Dark sunglasses. I also don't like plastic lenses. They scratch and break too easily. Not cheap but cheap sunglasses just are not as clear as good ones. $315 at the mall, $195 online.

·
Blinded Vrod Spender
248 Posts
I have these same glasses...I loved them at first but now I DO NOT use them anymore. If you notice on the sides where the "O" is you have no peripheral vision. You have to turn your head more because of this. This to me is actually dangerous because you really need that peripheral vision. In fact i dont even wear these when i drive my SUV anymore. Only when i'm outside doing sports or anything not related to driving a vehicle. just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 33 Posts