Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...so I can revise the taillight install instructions for the connectors on the wide tire '07-up V-Rods (AW, DX, etc.). Bike needs to be stock in the rear lighting setup.

I'll need you to leave the bike with me for the day (I won't ride it)... I just need to pull off the passenger seat, install light, take pictures, make notes, etc...

**Free Stage 1 Taillight or $100 Stage 2 Taillight (w/pass-throughs)**

Anyone?

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
Only a 653 miles ride.

Hmmmmmmm.

·
Phil Z.
1,117 Posts
working on a way to get to petaluma in 1 day (I gotta be to work @ 7a.m monday). I know, send me a tail light and I'll document the install for ya.

·
Shady
255 Posts
I was thinking the same thing myself zman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Damn - sorry Joe - had I seen this yesterday, i would have snapped more pics, this is the only one I have...but you're welcome to use it - I can email you a higher resolution one if you want...

Brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's the turn signal harness from the signals - btw

I pulled pins 3 & 5 (the two purple wires) to hook up the pass-through. On the mating harness one is brown, one is purple so they match up with the pass-through wires. Because they're both purple on this harness, I pulled one out, put the heat shrink tubing on, connected it to the correct pass-through color (by comparing with the mating harness), then pulled the other one out, did the same. Put the pass-through connectors/wires into the harness, matching the pass-through colors to the mating harness again. Then I moved the tubing up around the connection, tested, then heated the tubing - hardest part was pulling the wires/connectors out of the harness - Hope this helps....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Didn't realize this one was on the camera too - you can just make out the wires in the other 1/2 of the turn signal harness in the lower right...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts