Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been into power, however since being on this forum for awhile you guys have changed my mind. I now really want to increase my power to around 115+. I bought the D and D slip ons for the sound but got a new air filter and did ECM download and high flow. I only have 106 hp right now. What are the next steps I should take to get more HP?
thanks

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
You NEED? We got chu man! Never, ever go back.

:welcome: :lick: :sinister:

I think if you want to get 115+ you're going to have to go to a 2 into 1 full system D&D makes a great one and you already are a customer, maybe they'll give you a better price. ST are proven to be a great thing for hp. From what I get here and now that I'm pretty involved with tuning and dynos it's going to be like everything, everyone has the most hp, they're bikes are the fastest, their tuner is the best, yours are gonna be too, right? Hopefuly not! Stay true to yourself and the bike so you'll stay objective. Use whatever dyno has the best tuner. Get a Race Tuner. Are you technologically impaired? If not and willing to work with it the RT is going to be so much fun if you're willing to carry the laptop, go out do some runs then review them. The reviewing is even funner than the testing (NOT). Since I just did the Joker exhaust, the filter, and the RT initally I got 108, then 109, what a dissapointment, then I swithched maps and bualah 110.9. That's with a map designed for slipons. Those are real world numbers on a proflow dyno which is known to produce lower baselines than hp happy dynojets. Using this dyno has proven beneficial, it cheats your mind when you see others hp numbers being slightly higher so it motivated me to draw a grid sit down with my AFR table and tinker with the numbers a bit. First time I did it backwards, lean went leaner, rich went richer kind of thing (very small changes at a time). Knock sensors sctivated and retarded timing. I just went out for a run 2000-redline rpm. Came back and just decreased AFR further from baseline. Know what? Damn! It works. It feels pulling harder. It's turning into the monster I wanted and silky smooth at it.

I recommend you get a RT :sinister: , Joker exhaust :hitfan: , or get the D&D and tune it good. Selfish as I am I'd like to see you get the D&D fullsys and if you make 120 with filter and flash I'll get one and cut Mr Dickinson off. If anyone gets the JM I'll give you my best map if you have a RT. When it gets perfected of course.

Edit: Sorry! But trying to be objective. If I leave out the ST's as a recc I'm being subjective. These are very cool pipes, a lot of hp and a certain way to get the 115+ you want. I just really don't like the look and sound on a V-Rod as much as others, very mild dislike. I can see me owning them actually. But like almost everything else a bit better. To me everything tastes like chicken and everyone else loves them.

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
If your looking to get to 115 I dont think you will need to do as much as stated in above post. I believe with changing your current pipes to V-Mod SE slip on's and the right tuning (with some tricks im sure) that you will be able to achieve that or at least very close to it.
Check with John, His #'s are at 117 and his friend had done 115 (if im remembering correctly). And John has not changed is entire exhaust or does he have a Race Tuner.

good luck

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Eddie,
My Wise Brother you forgot one.The Turbo Tec USA Full system!Now as the only True member I know of in the "120" rwhp club-stock,150-160-170-180+rwhp club with nitrous! :moon: I think know what Doesn't work! :chair:

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Azslightdraw
V-Mods, SE Filter, Topless, PCIIIr (dyno'd) = 117.5 HP :moped:

The critical component is the person tuning the bike. The guy that tuned my bike had never tuned a V-Rod but took the time to call those that had and got into the books. He set his sights on 118. On the third run he got 117.5. I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I certainly would be.
I went from just above 100-stock(something like 101.2).
to like 107.9 after the filter,ecm flash and 16 gauge s.e. slip ons.
Sad.
But the bike runs great. Just crappy numbers.
I think the dyno just reads low in general.
BobT

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
OK! I should have added "or V-Mod the exhaust". I agree, there's "evidence" to it. But he has the D&D slipons and as I said anything well tuned can do very good work. I've really come to believe that quoting hp numbers from dynos is just academic in nature. I go to one dyno and they give a number way different than another. I've done three but since it doesn't mean crap to test different dynos I'm unwilling to come here and tell you that some guys dynojet up the street from where I got 110.9 peak tells me I now have 116 hp the same day on the same fricking bike because it's all BS and THAT is what we should all understand. Another dynojet tells me I have 113 on the same bike, different day. WTF? Never mention anything like I just did to avoid a pointless discussion about numbers but the differente dyno different numbers story is true and worth mentioning. They do repeat it and from run to run on the same dyno they get the same numbers so it is reproducible only if you use the same dyno. None of them has done any tuning to mine, no one has except a little myself after I got tired of going to a shop, sit there and talk while others do. It takes too long and I don't have the time at present. It's true.

I didn't forget any TT exhaust. I'm just also unwilling to throw in the mix a pipe with no dyno sheets available on a stock V-Rod, or does anyone here know of any? And just so as to keep it objevtive, anecdotal stuff is unreliable and most of all it carries bias into any equation. Kaz, you have the fastest worthwhile V-Rod I know of, that is true to me only because it is streetable. It is the coolest, baddest V-Rod I have ever seen, I say this out of honesty. Don't let it go to your head. Is this a contradiction in terms? If not, at least to me, and also out of honesty, any V-Rod not street able is useless just like freely trilis wherever.

Bottom line is if you're content with deluding yourself discussing numbers OK ;) . Me? I just want the most I can get like anyone else. I just want a faster motorcycle, not the one with the most hp on a dyno necessarily. John backed it up with timeslips. Now that IS evidence.

And another thing. Club stock? With ST's, filter, techlusion, oxygenated gas, and who knows what else with a mega tune? Get real! You just know what didn't work for you with your particular setup and particular intentions with the motorcycle. I for one very much appreciate your input and have learned a lot from you :notworth: . Also honest. Just be methodical about what you do, be patient, and have fun. It's really simple guys. Have fun! See ya!

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
It stands to reason, all V-Rods have their nuances and so do dynos. Quite frankly, now that I have all the mods I'm going to add where HP is concerned I'm not concerned about the numbers. I know I have a fast bike and I'm happy with it. That's all that counts.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
All riiiight! We have a winner.
Thanks Michael333
"...I'm not concerned about the numbers. I know I have a fast bike and I'm happy with it. That's all that counts."

That's it! Everything else is secondary. Numbers are for reference, 110.9 is my present story and I'm sticking to it better than saying I have 116. Even if a low number story. Know what? Just for laughs I was thinking on posting the dynojet data. If I get out of work early there's another one very happy to give you different numbers. For $40 bucks I'll go there, have'em do a "baseline" to claim big hp #'s then return to the other one and redyno on the proflow all with the unmodified maps for the RT then modify them and dyno on both just to see if the differences are equal (happy and fun).

Yesterday after work I went to the guy with the proflow and he got his new ugly orange VRSCB rod. I have him pumped with the TT's just because of this pipe's issue of talking the talk, see if I can get him to walk one on his dyno with filter and TT, damn I'm tempted to order them myself and see what it is. He'll tune that one since it's for the track. If he finds out Thunderheader is coming out with a new one then this cannot be done. He already asked if they make one and he's a big fan. What did I say? "I don't know!" :rolleyes: I'm going there today and I'm gonna do things with his mind to have him order them before the Thunderthings come out. :sinister:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Go Get Him Brother! :twisted:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Could not get him to order it but seems pumped. :thumb:

Live long and prosper!
Lincoln is a child compared to Spock :rofl: ! He told me to get the JM. I swear! :diablo:

Attachments

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
He be getting Super Trapps me be flaming already so we be racin. T'is a dream come true. Better than the TT idea, much better!
We'll race even if I have to bring our mothers into it. Whatever happens we'll switch bikes if he's not chicken, see what happens, I weigh 40 lbs more and unwilling to go lean on that investment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts