Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a inexpensive nitrous system on my 07 DX the only mod I have done is the Supper Trapp Fat shots and a 260 Metz it would be a system just to have some fun with once in awhile.
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Night DX said:
I want to put a inexpensive nitrous system on my 07 DX the only mod I have done is the Supper Trapp Fat shots and a 260 Metz it would be a system just to have some fun with once in awhile.

Give these guys a try. I have their system and its awesome.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
883 Posts
Quick and easy

Night DX said:
I want to put a inexpensive nitrous system on my 07 DX the only mod I have done is the Supper Trapp Fat shots and a 260 Metz it would be a system just to have some fun with once in awhile.
Try BOSS-NOSS.com Jacob is the forum contact there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys! Metallica 0099 Dynotune seems to be in my price range I have a few questions will I need a fuel management system and what components will I need to make this work ?
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Night DX said:
Thanks for the info guys! Metallica 0099 Dynotune seems to be in my price range I have a few questions will I need a fuel management system and what components will I need to make this work ?
I am only running a custom map on my pcIII powercommander and fogging the IAT sensor. With that, the nitrous sprays the sensor, triggering it to run rich. However, I have my powercommander set to give me a 10% fuel increase at 6500 rpm's for added safety. Bottom line is to get extra fuel flowing along with the nitrous so you dont run lean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Metaillca so I would need a Fuel Management system would any one work and how much was your entire set up with the fuel management system figured in the cost is the dynotune a plug and play or did you have to splice some wires? Sorry for so many questions
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Night DX said:
Metaillca so I would need a Fuel Management system would any one work and how much was your entire set up with the fuel management system figured in the cost is the dynotune a plug and play or did you have to splice some wires? Sorry for so many questions
Well, its better to have a fuel management system. However, technically, if you get the nitrous cloud to hit that IAT sensor you wont have to add any fuel externally. The bikes computer will adjust the mixture to compensate for the dense, cool air that is all of a sudden flowing through it. My nitrous setup cost me around $430. With the powercommander it goes to about $730dollars. There is no wire splicing required unless you need more length. The switches all tie into your horn system and is VERY easy to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know of a lot of people running a nos setup without a fuel management system ? Sounds like a fuel management system is piece of mind and that is great because I dont want to blow up my baby!!!Thanks for all the info you have been a big help.
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Night DX said:
Do you know of a lot of people running a nos setup without a fuel management system ? Sounds like a fuel management system is piece of mind and that is great because I dont want to blow up my baby!!!Thanks for all the info you have been a big help.
Dont know of anyone who doesnt use some type of fuel management system. Damn near everyone on this forum added one after putting on aftermarket exhaust. Its best for the bike to do that. But give those guys at DynoTune a call or email. They are really helpful. And I will always do the best to answer any questions you may have. I'm no expert but I havent blown myself up yet and my system is working flawlessly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,774 Posts
What Metallica is describing is called a "dry system"......no additional fuel is added and the bikes sensors are called upon to recognize the lean condition and add more fuel through the factory injectors to compensate......only downside is the limited amount of HP you can safely produce.....
This is the reason that I worked with Pingel to develop their VRod specific system......it can accomodate much higher levels of horsepower if desired, and the supplemental fuel is added through an included set of nozzles....everything is pretty much plug and play......definitely worth considering....
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
mikelewis said:
What Metallica is describing is called a "dry system"......no additional fuel is added and the bikes sensors are called upon to recognize the lean condition and add more fuel through the factory injectors to compensate......only downside is the limited amount of HP you can safely produce.....
This is the reason that I worked with Pingel to develop their VRod specific system......it can accomodate much higher levels of horsepower if desired, and the supplemental fuel is added through an included set of nozzles....everything is pretty much plug and play......definitely worth considering....
:them: Its a very nice system from what I've seen. Since my system is mostly for show and is only a 30 horsepower shot, it seemed like the more logical and cheaper approach to what I wanted. But if you would like more than 30 horsies, I suggest a "wet" system which will allow you to tune for much more power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,774 Posts
I noticed your signature as well......"Ricky Bobby"......

"I like to picture my Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt.....says you want to be formal, but you're here to party.....cause I like to party and I like my Jesus to party"......

or the Mike Honcho bit.....jeez......

I bought that DVD and I've watched it no less than 50 times.....my favorite movie of all time by far!.....good taste!
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
mikelewis said:
I noticed your signature as well......"Ricky Bobby"......

"I like to picture my Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt.....says you want to be formal, but you're here to party.....cause I like to party and I like my Jesus to party"......

or the Mike Honcho bit.....jeez......

I bought that DVD and I've watched it no less than 50 times.....my favorite movie of all time by far!.....good taste!
I was gonna go with "El Diablo" but I wasnt sure too many people would get it. Shake N' Bake!!!! That just happened!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,774 Posts
dude....you GOTTA come to KC! the big screen TV in the Project V cabin has a DVD player! Party is ON!
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
mikelewis said:
dude....you GOTTA come to KC! the big screen TV in the Project V cabin has a DVD player! Party is ON!
Man, the wife and I would love to go to KC this year but we are fresh out of vacation time. I really want to go and hit up the Nacho fountain!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,774 Posts
6 kinds of cheese.....you're missing out.....

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken......"
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top