Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get the side mount plate from RMD Billet but need some pics/links for a set of rear signals to relocate. HELP ME.

thanks in advance for any help.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really like DrHethenScum's stage II lights but next winter i plan on getting a new rear fender and will not be able to use it.
Ketsugo, that's kinda what i'm looking for but maybe alittle smaller, and as everybody knows on this forum they gotta be bright too... lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
rear lights

If your getting the rmd billet side plate, just tell them you also want the v-rod rear signals in chrome. AWESOME!
ride safe
vrodtom

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was looking at those a couple months ago but i don't seen them on his site anymore, he was working on a new set that mounted lower but don't see those either.

·
Registered
424 Posts
esquire7oz said:
i was looking at those a couple months ago but i don't seen them on his site anymore, he was working on a new set that mounted lower but don't see those either.
esquire -

The lights that vrodtom is referring to are from Rizoma. For a short time we dealers for them but decided not to continue. You can get them from Breathless and they're also on ebay alot. They're the first two pics.

Here's a peek (the second two pics) at what we've got in the works for our own blinkers. We're kind of at a stand still on whether to continue with them or not. Let us know what you'd think of a set-up like this...

Attachments

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
The Rizoma parts are cheaper from ChopperSteve than from BPP. Plus Steve is an honest person to do business with.

John

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RMD, i really like the LED small signals, but will you be able to see the right side with the mufflers there?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yea, we're still working a few of them issues out. The visibility when the pipe is there, the heat from the pipe and so on...a work in progress.

·
Registered
974 Posts
cleaning up the dog's arse - Question

I am having trouble finding a pic or two on the subject of "trimming the d.a." to use the license bracket - but no directionals or reflectors. Did I miss something or are there no pics as of yet ?I saw Max' one pic in the photo gallery :cheers: . That is the end result I wish to achieve - as I have a very nice live to ride l.p. frame that is like 30 years old to go around my nice new plate.
Thanks for any direction.
BobT

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I currently have a modified a$$ on mine, leaving only the stock plate mounting location (as has john "Ketsugo" in his pics above). I too have purchased the RMD side mounting hardware as I am lowering the rearend by 1" with the Progressive 440s and eventually going to the 240 rear rubber. It takes a Dremmel and some patients to get it right, but the effect is nice when done right!
Mike

Attachments

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
It's not too hard to modify yourself. I took mine off, cut the majority of the edges off, just left enough to support the back. Put on Doc's stage II taillight with integrated signals & chrome license plate holder bolted to the plastic that was left. :ride:

Attachments

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Bob, I too trimmed down the black plastic piece and left just enough for the license plate frame. Like vrod-tlam said, just leave enough to attach your license plate to. I used a jig-saw to trim the black plastic piece and then sanded it to finish if off nicely. I also removed the entire fender strut (not just the tabs for the saddle bags) because I have no intention of using the saddle bags.

I also installed Doc's Stage 2 and then eventually installed his Chris Products turn signals. I chose not to go with the Rizoma relocator but decided to mount them directly to the fender instead - just thought it finished it off a little nicer.

If you want more info or better pics PM me.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts