Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m in the market for a new bike after many years without having one,and finally HD lowered the price on the one that I really like, black denim muscle, but this people wants me to pay 2011 msrp for a 2010, need some advise please!!!!!!!!!!!!.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
:vrodforu::welcome:In case you overlooked this, the 11s are CHEAPER than the 10s. So they have cut the price on the 10 to match that of the 11s.

No significant differences (paint color) between the 2010 and 2011 bikes, save for perhaps the brand of tires (Dunlops on '10s, Michelin on '11s). If you're looking at ABS or the Security they are only available together (for $1195) on the 11s. Available separately on the 10s. ($370/Security & $845/ABS)

As long as the '10 has never been registered, it has the same two year warranty as the '11. (At least I ASSUME the 11s have the same warranty - I can't find any solid information on this on the web site.)

So, flip a coin?

Also, with the slow sales so far this year, you have the upper hand. If there are any extra charges the dealer adds (other than the taxes/registration required), such as loan origination fees, documentation fees, etc. have them waive them or walk. After all, you can pay the same price for an 11 at ANY dealer. Also, you might want to check other dealers local to you and see if any of them have 10s left over. If so, perhaps they would be willing to sweeten the deal with either a lower price, or by tossing in something. (Like first service, or gift certificates for store merchandise.)

Good luck and have fun with whatever you go with.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just don't pay more for a 2010 than the 2011. I'm sure someone will try that.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My Dealer is selling a 2010 red one for 14,000. 4k less than what I paid in May. its a buyers market. Throw him a bone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm headed to Bruce Meyer's HD in Ft. Lauderdale either today or tomorrow. They advertise as the largest inventory of motorcycles in the world. But on their website they have a grand total of 1 muscle advertised and its a used 2009 with 14,000 miles for $17,999. I went by another HD dealer in Miami yesterday and they didn't even have 1 new or used muscle. I would love to find these dealerships selling muscles for $14,000. If anyone knows of anything in south east Florida please let me know.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
18K for an F with 14K miles on it are you kidding, run away from that place. Like the above mentioned its a buyers market, deal and deal with them and be prepared just to walk away there are lots of dealers out there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
18K for an F with 14K miles on it are you kidding, run away from that place. Like the above mentioned its a buyers market, deal and deal with them and be prepared just to walk away there are lots of dealers out there.
Please be prepared to walk away. I purchased mine in the begining of July, $14400 was the price, brand new with Security and ABS. This was before the new release and price drop. Please be prepared to walk away.:deal:

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I'm headed to Bruce Meyer's HD in Ft. Lauderdale either today or tomorrow. They advertise as the largest inventory of motorcycles in the world. But on their website they have a grand total of 1 muscle advertised and its a used 2009 with 14,000 miles for $17,999. I went by another HD dealer in Miami yesterday and they didn't even have 1 new or used muscle. I would love to find these dealerships selling muscles for $14,000. If anyone knows of anything in south east Florida please let me know.

Thanks
I think you meant " Bruce Rossmeyer's "

Usually if they don't have it, they can find it. FWIW they might be known for having the most, but maybe not always the cheapest.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!,what do you think is fair paying for a left over muscle 09 or 10 OTD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think you meant " Bruce Rossmeyer's "

Usually if they don't have it, they can find it. FWIW they might be known for having the most, but maybe not always the cheapest.
You are correct. I'm just sold my GSXR 1000 and thinking about switching to a Harley so forgive me but I'm a bit of a newbie.

Here is my rundown from the visit today.

I was wrong and the 2009 muscle with 14,000 miles was advertised at $15,998. They dropped the price to $14,000. ABS but no security. The one for $17,999 was already gone I don't know how much it sold for.

For new this is what I was quoted:

$14,999 MSRP
$495 Freight
$284 Setup
$129 Title
$589 Deal fee
$1039 Tax
$170 Tags

$17,705 Total

They told me there are only 2 new 2011 muscle's in the entire state and they were both chrome yellow. Delivery for a new could take 4-6 weeks and I needed to put down a $1000 deposit.

They also had 2 night rod's for $12,000 and $14,000. They both were 2007.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would offer them 10K for the used one. See if they bite. But with 14K on the odometer, not happy with that one. Is 14K out the door or before tax and tags? Know this, if you buy it for 14K, you may get lucky and sell it for 9K. That is five grand up in smoke, get a great price on the used one or consider getting a new one.

On the new one (2011), shop around to other dealerships to see. But wait until they are in stock. You won't get a discount (normally) when ordering from the factory. Best time to shop is towards the end of the month before the dealership needs to pay that loan on inventory (yes they finance also) on the bikes in stock. At this time they are more committed to volume but they are always happy to rip you off.

Bargains on 2011s right now will be hard because of the price drop. Availability on 2009 and 2010 is limited since they had that 1% financing last month and inventory was thinned out. If you paid MSRP within the last two months, hopefully you could take advantage of the financing. Never pay MSRP. If the deal is not there, move on.

Be patient, it may be a bit before you get a good deal on a new one. If you need one now, you would be better buying a used one outside the dealership as long (and this is a must) the price is right. We shall see how long it takes for the dealerships to drop prices on the leftovers (not many remain). Let us know how it goes and wish you the best.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I would offer them 10K for the used one. See if they bite. But with 14K on the odometer, not happy with that one. Is 14K out the door or before tax and tags? Know this, if you buy it for 14K, you may get lucky and sell it for 9K. That is five grand up in smoke, get a great price on the used one or consider getting a new one.

On the new one (2011), shop around to other dealerships to see. But wait until they are in stock. You won't get a discount (normally) when ordering from the factory. Best time to shop is towards the end of the month before the dealership needs to pay that loan on inventory (yes they finance also) on the bikes in stock. At this time they are more committed to volume but they are always happy to rip you off.

Bargains on 2011s right now will be hard because of the price drop. Availability on 2009 and 2010 is limited since they had that 1% financing last month and inventory was thinned out. If you paid MSRP within the last two months, hopefully you could take advantage of the financing. Never pay MSRP. If the deal is not there, move on.

Be patient, it may be a bit before you get a good deal on a new one. If you need one now, you would be better buying a used one outside the dealership as long (and this is a must) the price is right. We shall see how long it takes for the dealerships to drop prices on the leftovers (not many remain). Let us know how it goes and wish you the best.
:them:

I'd take the wait a bit and see approach or perhaps someone will respond here with a better deal, perhaps slightly outside of the FL area. That sure is a lot of fees attached to a purchase.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks again Flexin, i`ll do what you said just wait for the right moment , I dont really need one right now, just trying to steal a deal.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
gixxer1000 -

? What is a $589 deal fee? I've seen it called EDP fee (Extra Dealer Profit).
? Freight and setup on a used bike? Um, right.
? $14999 for a bike with 14,000 miles when you can order NEW for the same price?

I'd shop around for an out-the-door price on what you want (color and what not) and let them know that you have other offers on the table and will walk if they're not willing to give you a good deal. You might piss some of them off, but that's too bad. It's your money and you can spend it where you want. Why should you pay more just to make them happier with the deal? I see NO reason to pay the current list price plus for a USED bike when you can get new for cheaper.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Do you have an F? patm
Sorry no Muscle here. :broke:

a turbo intercooled B
a turbo DX
a turbo D
a 1320 A model
a 1130 B model
a 1487 B model ( motor currently being built )
a 1130 A model Bagger
a 1430 B model Bagger

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the reason I`m asking, to be honest never had an HD, speed bikes, dirt bikes, enduro but never an hD, so I really have a lot of questions!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts