Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Youngest VRODDER
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the most inexpensive, yet still flashy, more decorative than practical NOS System for my Bike. I dont plan on racing at the moment but more getting into show. Looking for something with minimum two canisters that mount in the open.

I have no idea what this wet and dry system stuff is but if it matters than i want the easiest to install.

Keep it stupid simple for me. Low price unit with something just decorative. Thought about just mounting 2 empty canisters on the bike but i figure i might as well make it semi practical.

thanks in advance for the help
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
Well if your doing it for show you want dry, that means you don't have to mess with the liquid fuel and just richen it to run using a fueler of some type. Jeff BadRod has one of the nicest looking with two long bottles that mount on the frame runners near the front on each side. He also has the purge setup so that it sprays out by the headlight in the V pattern. While his really works I think he gets more of a charge out of the spray. :)
 

·
WHATEVER
Joined
·
3,739 Posts
Mystery1111 said:
I'm looking for the most inexpensive, yet still flashy, more decorative than practical NOS System for my Bike. I dont plan on racing at the moment but more getting into show. Looking for something with minimum two canisters that mount in the open.

I have no idea what this wet and dry system stuff is but if it matters than i want the easiest to install.

Keep it stupid simple for me. Low price unit with something just decorative. Thought about just mounting 2 empty canisters on the bike but i figure i might as well make it semi practical.

thanks in advance for the help
www.dynotunenitrous.com
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,724 Posts
I agree with the DOC, dynotune has a fake system thats cheap and even has a purge system. You can fill it with CO2 and its cheaper to purge. All show and no go.
 

·
Youngest VRODDER
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on the dynotune site... which product am i looking at.. like i said i have no idea about this stuff. Which one is the fake one that looks real
 

·
WHATEVER
Joined
·
3,739 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
883 Posts
Boss-noss

Mystery1111 said:
I'm looking for the most inexpensive, yet still flashy, more decorative than practical NOS System for my Bike. I dont plan on racing at the moment but more getting into show. Looking for something with minimum two canisters that mount in the open.

I have no idea what this wet and dry system stuff is but if it matters than i want the easiest to install.

Keep it stupid simple for me. Low price unit with something just decorative. Thought about just mounting 2 empty canisters on the bike but i figure i might as well make it semi practical.

thanks in advance for the help
Check out BOSS-NOSS 2lb ultimate finish bottles, mount one on each down tube.
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Take a loog in my gallery. I got a Dynotune system.
 

·
Youngest VRODDER
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted the purge and the look of the nos... i dont race often at all and it wouldnt be worth me to install high cost parts. I also am not very mechanical and dont feel comfortable cutting or splicing wires and messing with the fuel intakes or what not. I dont even know where to start.


To each his own, and this is my own
 

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
Joined
·
5,733 Posts
I can understand that-we do lots of things to our bikes that have nothing to do with making it faster- and many times we give up some power for looks or sound.
I've toyed with what looks like a rocket that you can mount- they just look cool and most know they don't really do anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
883 Posts
to bad

Mystery1111 said:
I wanted the purge and the look of the nos... i dont race often at all and it wouldnt be worth me to install high cost parts. I also am not very mechanical and dont feel comfortable cutting or splicing wires and messing with the fuel intakes or what not. I dont even know where to start.


To each his own, and this is my own
To bad your so far from me would be happy to install a flashy BOSS-NOSS system.
 

·
Youngest VRODDER
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ndfspd said:
To bad your so far from me would be happy to install a flashy BOSS-NOSS system.

How much would you charge for the :nos: system. Come this september im :driving: cross country to las vegas hopefeully
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Mystery1111 said:
How much would you charge for the :nos: system. Come this september im :driving: cross country to las vegas hopefeully
Dude, there is no need for someone else to install a nitrous system on your bike for you. Its so easy, you can do it yourself. Trust me. Just follow the instructions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
883 Posts
No charge

Mystery1111 said:
How much would you charge for the :nos: system. Come this september im :driving: cross country to las vegas hopefeully
No charge for a fellow rodder, the big grine is payment for me.
 

·
Youngest VRODDER
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im just trying to find a cheaper system.. plus trying to find some cash. im loving the thought of it and can not wait. bikes in shop right now waiting on rinehart 2-1 which is 4 hours away from my house on a UPS truck.. So Excited!! After that im gonna look into new skins and then the NOS
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top