Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a 2003 or older 883 to teach someone to ride , mississippi area or southeast , under 4000 bucks or reasonable $ distance.. Thanks GOT ONE THANKS EVERYBODY

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
why a sportster?

i foudn it to be the hardest bike i have ever ridden .. but then again .. to each his own ..
:them: :them: :them:

I agree with 3O. I rode one and never felt comfortable on it and I've been riding 30 years. Felt way too top heavy.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
The Sporty is a little top heavy. You might want to look for a Buell Blast. You can get them at a good price and thats what a lot of schools teach with.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Hey tk, i have alot of kin folks from out your way. Have you ever heard of Neely or Leaksville??

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
or even a smaller honda shadow or something of that sort.. i wouldnt suggest a sporty.. not for a "let me teach you how to ride " bike anyway

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Ollie he needs to stay away from a Honda. Unless its a trail 70. LOL

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
hey that isnt a bad idea.. you can beat the hell out of that thing and it will still keep on going..

you think he might need some help making a ramp or two ?

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
I'll bring the center blocks you bring the 1/2" plywood. LMAO

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
or even a smaller honda shadow or something of that sort.. i wouldnt suggest a sporty.. not for a "let me teach you how to ride " bike anyway

If you're bent on having a harley to teach them on, either go with the buell or a used dyna. those are super easy to ride.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The blast would be the way to go you should be able to find one under 3000.00 easy

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
saw i dont have any ply wood but i do have a 2X6... that should work..

in all seriousness..though.. i really would try something besides a sporty.. i am not sure about the buell some people dont like that riding postion..

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
The advice to stay away from a Sportster is the best advice a woman can give when it comes to another woman riding one, especially if it is going to be her firts ride. As said already, go Dyna, Blast or something else outside of a MoCo ride. Heck, I'd even say go V-rod first. Just don't go Sportster. Once she gets on a bigger ride with easier balance potential she will think you were both mean and stupid for starting her off on a Sportster.:)

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
a Buell blast can be had very cheap, as stated above a sportster is not the bike to teach someone on!

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Get the Blast, it's cheap and easy! Not unlike some people... :D

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
hey, I resemble that remark!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Blast is the way to go. You can buy my wifes 02 with only 600 miles on it for $3000.00. I live on the wis./ill border so it's a bit of a drive but what the hell,would be a great reason for a road trip!!!!

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
dane said:
Blast is the way to go. You can buy my wifes 02 with only 600 miles on it for $3000.00. I live on the wis./ill border so it's a bit of a drive but what the hell,would be a great reason for a road trip!!!!
That's a hell of a deal right there...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sporty

Thanks ,but when you cut it up a 883 makes a better chopper, That blast just doesnt have that hey look at me sound.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
The local shop up here has a beautiful bright red 883 for $4K. It's a hike, but appears to be a very clean and well taken care of bike. (401)615-2615 and ask for Steve. Tell him Bryan with the V-rod referred you. Let me know if I can be of any assistance or if you need me to take some pics for you. Bryan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts