Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am running a set of Screamin Eagle VMods with a Power commander. I'm running the Map that came with it. The bike is running pretty smooth, a little rich, but smooth. My problem is that my mileage has tanked since I installed the PC. Is there a map out there that will allow me to run topless with the V-mod Se's and improve fuel economy. I have also been watching the way I ride. I have made a conscious effort to keep my hand off of the throttle the past few tank fulls; no change. Any suggestions? :helpme: :helpme:

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
So just what map are you using now, Steve's custom map for vmods? You say the one that came with it.....do you know the current map #? Did you get the PC3 and SE vmods as a package from Steve? You can go to the Powercommander website and go to the vrod PC3 application and see/download all available maps. It would help to identify which map your currently running first, so you know where your at now, then perhaps try another map.

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe I am running the 020 map. Just seems to be a little rich, and like I said before, fuel economy not as good as it could be. @ 1/2 tank I only have gone 32 miles.

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
Are you checking your fuel mileage by the trip meter, actual mileage divided by refill gallons, or by the sometimes flakey fuel guage? THe fuel guage is not to be trusted, believe me.

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am checking it by mileage traveled divided by how much gas it takes to fill up

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
020 is the correct map for your setup. You could try loading, running the 021. Its for same setup but with an ECM with the SE reprogram. I just compared these 2 maps with my PC3 software and the 021 has somewhat less fuel added to map, versus 020. I've tried different maps briefly myself, trying to find the best performing. If you find your current map is fat, you might want to give the 021 a shot and take a ride and see if it exhibits any lean symptoms, or performs better. If in doubt, revert back to the safe 020. There is a lot of added fuel in the 020 map, especially in the mid range. Compare them yourself, side by side. I'd give the 021 a try.

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
Call or email Steve at vmod.com and see what he thinks about trying the 021, or your situation. He's pretty helpfull.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
That's right, Greg - the 020 map was made running topless, and is somewhat rich for running with the top on as a result.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Talk to Steve, the 020 map is for Vmod'd stock pipe not SE pipes & stock ECM. 021 map is for Vmod'd stock pipes and stage 1 ECM .... all per the PC site.
I am sure Steve has a map to fit your setup or can tell you what needs to be adjusted. Also, you didnt mention if you are running the stock ECM or not.

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am running topless @ this point. I just went to fill up on my lunch hour. It took 1.424 gallons @ 44.4 mile on the Trip. I am getting 31 miles per gallon. It just seems as though I was getting better mileage before my changes. (much better) I know there is the variable that my riding style changed onced I got the V-mods, but I have made a conscious effort to monitor how I was riding in order to improve the mileage.

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brent, I am also running stock ECM

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Ineed a map too.

Anyone with Jokers and a Race Tuner :lick: ?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Did you just put the vmods on?????? if so you are just enjoying them!!!!!....twisting the throttle too much??????

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I talked with Steve a little while ago. He reccomended that I try the 021 map. I will give it a try and see

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
Well it looks like Steve and I think alike.......

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I loaded the 021 MAP per Steve's instruction. My MPG went from 31 to 43 MPG with the exact same riding style. No noticable loss of performance. Thanks Steve!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts