Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some cloth melted on my exhaust so I was told to use oven cleaner to get it off. That worked however the spray got on my rim and the swing arm. This discolored both and I can not get it back to the original look. Any tips?

·
CHROMENATION
376 Posts
If its stock / polished parts - vrodg is right , if its chrome plated dont use anything but chrome polish or it will leave tiny swirl scratches.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
ROAD RUB. it's designed for this purpose....boot marks and anything that melts onto your exhaust.

It's an absolutely amazing product and totally safe to use.

can pick it up at any MC shop...

·
Snapper
1,307 Posts
Yea... it sounds like they didn't tell you to not spray it directly on. Just be thankful it didn't get on your wrinkle coated block, then so sorry! Vrodg is the man though. He won't steer you wrong!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So heres the update: Mothers worked great on the rim but the swing arm nothing worked. I finally broke down and my local Harley Davidson shop put me in contact with there body/paint guy. He came over and buffed/polished it for a good 45 min just to even out the look and bring it back so there was no cloudy spots. Lesson learned never spray oven cleaner near your swing arm

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Lesson learned never spray oven cleaner near your swing arm
I would go further: never spray oven cleaner near anything that is not an oven :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good point! Well I now take the chrome exhaust off the bike to clean it and oven cleaner works great to get off anything burned onto it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts