Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
a black one.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to 2-mles from home. 70,800-miles and came off the bloody thing. I hit gravel on a roundabout and lost the front end. I am now layed-up with two broken hands and a broken left ankle. Were the bike slid into the curb and the left foot-peg hit the curb. It has caused a twist in the left down-tube. (can) this piece of frame be renewed. It looks like that front corner section be replaced? other than that, the bike isnt to bad. :hmm:

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Crap man that sucks, at least you are ok, sounds like you are up for some pretty nurse to come over and give you a sponge bath at least. Heal up quick!

·
Registered
141 Posts
frame

I think there was a question there. Yes, the frame does come apart and can be replaced individually (had to do it myself after a minor crash). I don't have the part number handy, but it was an easy and relatively cheap thing to do.

·
Black Beauty
492 Posts
Ouch! Glad that you are OK. (somewhat) Get that bike and yourself back on the road soon. I'm sure the part# will pop up here real quick.
Our bikes were on the production line at the same time Dec. '06.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Lower frame tubes do twist from impact to the footrest and controls. They are there more to hang things from than being heavy duty frame members. Can be replaced fairly easily.

Heal up quickly! Order the part now, as Harley is now that quick at filling orders.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Yup, the part you are asking about is deliberately the weak point, sacrificing itself for the frame. Cheap to replace. Sorry about the hands - I did that in 1987, taking out nine of ten possible digits, the bones across the back of the hand and one wrist. Pain in the arse. Literally - wiping is awkward. I suggest immodium and red meat.

·
Registered
962 Posts
bloody hell soz to hear this mate , but i suspect this was more the bike screaming for a rest !

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Sorry to hear this Ogri. Make sure to check your bikes shifter shaft for any damage.

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
hope you got some pictures of the mess that was left on the road loose gravel and pass it onto your insurance company, sorry to hear about your accident but atleast you lived to tell the tale.

·
Registered
568 Posts
glad you're on the mend.

I just had that frame piece replaced on mine. Like Louis said, it's the weak point. It's not that expensive either.

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
Need the year model and frame color to order the part and to get the correct part number for ya.

·
a black one.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Need the year model and frame color to order the part and to get the correct part number for ya.
Thankyou Tie One On but,my bike is now at the dealers, waiting for my insurance to sort-everything out for me. but thankyou, for the offer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Feel better!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
there are always a few on ebay for cheap, get well soon, glad your alright

1 - 16 of 16 Posts