Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are having this huge grocery labor strike here in So. Cal. I head to the cigar shop after watching USC CRUSH the Floundering Irish, and there are TONS of picketers at the market right next to cigar shop. So, I'm leaving, at about 8 or 10 mph right in front of at least 30 picketers, I do a quick rev clutch dump and lay a monstrous 50 ft +++ burn out at about 8K rpm. I scared the sh!t out of the HOT (almost 100° today) picketers! :diablo:

John

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
John .......Give my brothers a brake they are trying to keep what they got. I've been on the picket line before, people would come by and offer coffee, donuts, soda ,even a home made pie. Think about it the next time you see them. You will be surprise how nice they are !!

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I wasn't being mean, I was just having some fun. BTW, they are making $17.50 per hour to box friggin' groceries!

John

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
That's the + of org labor, I got a $3.00 hr raise for a 17 day walk. I'll do that every 3yrs, you fight for what you want or bend over and take what they are willing to give you.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Well that one thing that we won't agree on. But for some good news I'm going to put her on the dyno tuesday to see what she can do...........$40.00 per run does'nt seem bad.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Thanks my friend ....I would like to see some good no. but more concern about the air fuel mix ,dont need a lean cond.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
It was pretty funny seeing the hometown lose today.

"I LOVE THE IRISH"
when they win or its an away game.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Damn,
For a good Catholic boy, seeing the Irish loose hurts, no matter where they play!

Mike

·
Registered
974 Posts
VrodG,
Put the job in their "lap" , Tell them You will give them 100 bucks and they should make it run "Right" and when they say no , put them down a little and say that they have no idea how to dyno-tune and that is why they charge a per run rate. Most local places by me charge .25 hour per run or about a hundred bucks if your bike has had work done by them . A 1/4 hour is about 16 dollars per run plus tax. For doubters this happens at Bob'S H-D. This is just another angle for you to shoot around in your mind. BobT
P.S. Union's Rule - Brother

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Brother...... I modded my own mufflers,installed the pc3r along with the map and filter. The bike sound and runs great, just want to see what the dyno will tell me. They get $100.00 for setting up a race tuner even if it takes all day, not bad. Are you still looking for a front seat? I have a plain front in good shape and a back with a scuff on it.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Bob,

There's 2 schools of thought on the flat rate vs. hourly. Some flat rate tuners will only make 3 or 4 pulls and say. "that's as good as it gets". Ask Frank if that would have satisfied him ;) (his took 27 pulls to get it right).

I'll pay them a setup fee (they have to pay for the equipment and dyno's aren't cheap) and an hourly rate ($50 - $60 / hr) but I'm the one that's going to tell them when to stop. If I decide to take 30 pulls to get it spot on and it takes 4 hours then I'll gladly fork over the $240 + setup (~$30). If I'm happy after 5 pulls and it takes 1 hour then they earned $90 in my book.

Mark

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The Lozano Borthers Racing told me $250 - $300 to dyno and set up my bike. They figured they would take about 2 to 3 hours for all the work. The father (Mike?) was not in town at the time, and he is the expert. He is Las Vegas for some NHRA races or something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts