Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got on it and rode. By myself, to clear my head. I rode it for the whole tank (about 140 miles) not really going anywhere in particular. It handles nice, and has lots of power. I stopped for a water and a couple of airheads were checking it out...they asked if it was fast, and how I liked it. I told them it was pretty quick, and that it was the only harley I would own.

We all agreed that the vrsc line is the future of HD. :soapbox:

I don't care if you don't like the "r". I like it, and I'll probably ride it again tomorrow. If I had one wish, it would be that I would like to have more people to ride with.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Congratulations! When people come up to me and ask if my bike is fast, my standard response is to deadpan "well, there is talk of Harley making a velcro seat standard..."

That usually gets me a smile and a nod. :)

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Bgjames, glad you like what you ride. That is the best sentiment that any manufacturer can hope for. Ride often, ride far. No matter who says what about your bike, it is yours, ride it any way you want to. Just be advised that if you ride naked you will probably be dealing with the popo at some point, maybe the point of a gun!!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
tagrat said:
Just be advised that if you ride naked you will probably be dealing with the popo at some point, maybe the point of a gun!!
Hmmm... (I hesitate to ask, but can't help myself) and you know this... how?

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uhhh yeah, sounds like someone may know from experience...not that there's anything wrong with that...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yeah, I rode mine last night (rarely ride at night) and I seem to think a lot of how awesome this bike is and how much "therapy" it provides.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well said dallas, I always get that happy and big smile when I ride it.I,ve only done 1500 miles so far and love it more each day.It dosent bother me that its discontinued, I,m just gonna enjoy it.

Cheers

Moto

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sometimes I wish I worked farther away from home. My ride is really short at 4 miles.

·
Registered
450 Posts
No matter how bad my day is. it really doesn't seem to matter when I'm ridding.And I,m not trying to offend anyone but I,m with Became the VROD is the only reason I'm on a Harley.I like alot of bikes Harley makes but for me the VR is rolling perfection:heart:

·
Bad ride inside
505 Posts
yup works good for me even when its 115 degrees outside its me the open road and peace, thats therapy

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rolling perfection is right.

·
Registered
494 Posts
:them: :them: :them: :them: :them: :them: :them: :them: :them: :them:

Should be 12 (I even agree with the pranksters), but the rules allow only 10 . . .

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going for my first long ride this weekend should be all day (with stops). Probably be 350 miles. I'm really looking forward to it!

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
went on my ride with vrodaj from this forum. What a trip. A lot of fun but really far. The last 100 miles was a little painful. The sundowner seat is good for 200 miles max I think.

·
Registered
323 Posts
it Was a real nice ride, We would really like to take you guys over the Big Horns. It about 290 miles. Not too much shorter. but it is a nice ride.

Tony

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
I miss MT...... Maybe next year I can bring the kids and the bike and go for some rides while staying at my parents for a vacation...

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I gotta find a seating solution. I don't think the sundowner is for me. I'm thinking of reworking the stock one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts