Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bit less than 13.36 liters.

Lucky it's a downhill run into the BP....

For you guys, I put 3.53 Gallons into it.

For $17 and change. Thats $4.81 AU per gallon. Or about $4.18 US on current exchange rates of 86US cents to the Aussie dollar.

It was stittering last night as I arrived home. Was hard to start this morning, I had a downhill run out of my street (50 meters) and for about 50 meters on Royal Terrace, then I had to go uphill for about 200 meters before the downhill run into the BP. It died as I turned into the downhill section so I costed down the hill, managed to get one last squirt out of it to make the bowser and killed it myself.

About as close as I have ever run it. Should have filled up Friday on the way home and I would have been ok. The extra, say 1.5 kilometers from the BP to home and back again (it's on my way home) nearly sunk me.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=U...14&spn=0.008513,0.014527&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1

The BP is on the corner of Kingsford Smith and Cooksley. You run uphill up Cooksley to Queens, hang left and downhill along Queens and Royal, until Joynt which is a low point (ironically) uphill again to Pine street, right into Pine and uphill along Pine to my house which is about halfway along.

·
George
5,411 Posts
Been there....done that! That's why I carry a half-liter campstove bottle of fuel in my saddlebag!

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would rather walk than desecrate my bike with saddle bags.

I am a reformed saddle bag guy. My chrome top hard bags sit in my garage gathering dust.

·
George
5,411 Posts
Karl Scott said:
I would rather walk than desecrate my bike with saddle bags.

I am a reformed saddle bag guy. My chrome top hard bags sit in my garage gathering dust.
DAVID! what did you do with Karl????:spank: :spank:

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Despite his Penchant for fugly kitch lamps featuring dead drug addicts, occasionally David recognizes true style.

·
George
5,411 Posts
Karl Scott said:
Despite his Penchant for fugly kitch lamps featuring dead drug addicts, occasionally David recognizes true style.
:rofl: Now you need engine guards!

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
capngeo said:
:rofl: Now you need engine guards!

Yeah, well the guards are a contradiction I have not yet fathomed. No idea why he keeps those fugly things on his otherwise paired back, anodised statement in minimalist mechanical art.

·
Paintless Rider
1,326 Posts
Karl Scott said:
Yeah, well the guards are a contradiction I have not yet fathomed. No idea why he keeps those fugly things on his otherwise paired back, anodised statement in minimalist mechanical art.

Hallelujah Brother, praise be the anodized.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More than 2 words - Too much stuffing around.

I rarely have the need for more fuel with the roads I ride. It's manageable, and the cost with import and installation I can't justify.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts