Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a V5 owner but here it goes.
Only an opinion here, but I may not be alone.
Just want to see if anyone else really does not like'em.
They perform well and everything but does anyone here agree they are really FUGLY? Do they sound FUGLY to anyone?
It's like V-Rod suddenly turned Warrior (Yamaha) or something.

They are a cool item but I think it just kills the V-Rod aesthetically.
Is it just me?

P.S. They are well made, high quality, excellent performers from a reputable company; but still FUGLY I believe.
Is this going to hurt?

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
FUGLY!
Eveyone that has seen mine likes the way it looks and sounds.Even my old stealer went out and got 2 pairs for their demo v-rods.
The first thing I did(after first oil change)was get rid of that FUGLY honda sounding exhaust.
HD didn't make an exhaust,then design a bike around that.
The supertrapp shows off more of the v-rod.It isn't hiding anything like the stock pipes do.

Oh Yeah!
THEY SOUND AWESOME.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
113rwhp. 77.5lbs torque.
and only 3hrs on the dyno,with a tuner that don't know sh!tt.Still running rich.I see 116hp and 80 lbstorque coming soon.Found a new tuner.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I had also considered the v-5 pipes. They seem to be some of the best performers of all the pipes currently out and still have good quality and style. The only draw back seems to be ground clearence.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe an upswept design for clearance.
Power figures with them always great.

My brother seems to think as most do, he keeps insisting I get them. Does not particularly care about the sound, but says those are the best looking yet. I still like the D&D best. Ordered something else. I use him as referrence, he's more "visual" than myself. His opnion always important to me but not this time.

Yes, I'm alone on this. Just different I guess.
Just kidding about the Yam Warrior look. No offense!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts