Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the security system .

The module didn`t come with clear instructions .

Is there a link on how to install ?

·
Registered abUser
299 Posts
I just bought the security system .

The module didn`t come with clear instructions .

Is there a link on how to install ?
Do you mean the alarm/transmitter module or the entire security system?

If it's just the alarm module it's dead simple. Remove the master fuse from under the airbox (as in the manual). Open up the passenger pillion and plug it in to the existing wire harness, secure it and your done.

If it's the entire system you'll need more help.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean the alarm/transmitter module or the entire security system?

If it's just the alarm module it's dead simple. Remove the master fuse from under the airbox (as in the manual). Open up the passenger pillion and plug it in to the existing wire harness, secure it and your done.

If it's the entire system you'll need more help.
Just the H-D smart security system(#68207-07) .

The instructions that came with the part say go to the manual .There is no real write up in the manual .

It looks pretty simple .But how do I set up the security code if I lose the fob ?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take it back and get you money back, towards a better mod for the bike.

I think I`m old enough to know what to do with my money .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Don't know about the install, but I do know that it replaces your original tsm (turn signal module) according to the instructions. Do you have the fob programmed into the system itself yet? If not, from my understanding you have to take it to the dealer where it will then be programmed to the matching serial number. Maximum of two fob. I'm not aware of anyone programming these themselves.

To set up the security code, it's in the owners manual. On a 09 owners manual it is on pg. 63. Very simple to do and should be a quick couple of minutes. If you still need help, I'll scan the pages and send it to you.

Factory alarm isn't so great imo. Try checking this thread out http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124740.

Any way you go, good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
You are replacing the tsm with a HFSM. It's a simple swap out for the hardware but the ECM and the new HFSM must be married together.
The attachment below is a how to on this marrying procedure. The FOBS have to be mated to the HFSM by the dealer. Can't do that yourself.

View attachment 141924

This procedure has worked for every model I've played with and a few more judging from posts on this and another forum I frequent.

The owners manual gives a real good writeup on handling the security feature. Read it. Make damn sure you enter a PIN code. If you ever lose your fobs then you will buy a new security module because there is no way to deactivate the system if you do not have a FOB or a PIN code.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are replacing the tsm with a HFSM. It's a simple swap out for the hardware but the ECM and the new HFSM must be married together.
The attachment below is a how to on this marrying procedure. The FOBS have to be mated to the HFSM by the dealer. Can't do that yourself.

View attachment 141924

This procedure has worked for every model I've played with and a few more judging from posts on this and another forum I frequent.

The owners manual gives a real good writeup on handling the security feature. Read it. Make damn sure you enter a PIN code. If you ever lose your fobs then you will buy a new security module because there is no way to deactivate the system if you do not have a FOB or a PIN code.
Thanks for the link.I will try it this weekend .

I don`t have the service manual not the owners .

·
DENIM=TRUE DARKNESS
380 Posts

Man,
I junked that POS and got a digital gaurd dog system instead. I really hated the key fobs size, plus other options with the guard dog was better. I will be selling my stock alarm system later on. Eventually I will be going with a system like ROCKERDAN's, with a parimater alarm sooo people will leave my Vrod alone.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts

You can't complete the installation without the procedures for adding your PIN. The dealer can order it for you. About $20.

Good Luck. Maybe someone with an 08 can copy the pages from the owners manual for you. I have an 07 but do not know if the procedures are compatible for the PIN entry.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Man,
I junked that POS and got a digital gaurd dog system instead. I really hated the key fobs size, plus other options with the guard dog was better. I will be selling my stock alarm system later on. Eventually I will be going with a system like ROCKERDAN's, with a parimater alarm sooo people will leave my Vrod alone.
He's not interested in what you have. He is trying to get his system running.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
...Maybe someone with an 08 can copy the pages from the owners manual for you. I have an 07 but do not know if the procedures are compatible for the PIN entry.
Here are some pages from the 2010 EDM. One pdf explains the assignment of the FOB for both the HFSM buttonless FOBs and the buttoned TSSM FOBs. The other pdf is about the PIN entry and a few other "emergency functions".

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are some pages from the 2010 EDM. One pdf explains the assignment of the FOB for both the HFSM buttonless FOBs and the buttoned TSSM FOBs. The other pdf is about the PIN entry and a few other "emergency functions".
Thanks !

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tried installing the system today .I couldn`t get passed the initial 5 number password .I put everything back as before .Now I have DIAG code on the odometer !

How do I get back to normal .

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Post up what code it is throwing. While some (including me!) have opinions about the TSSM, HFSM, DGD, etc, the system is needlessly complicated and counterintuitive. Probably why most go with the DGD. It seems like it is designed for dealer install. Good luck! Post up if there is an easier way! Joe

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Gimme a shout Paul, if you still have my number - otherwise, rsconsultingfll on Skype...

Rick

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gimme a shout Paul, if you still have my number - otherwise, rsconsultingfll on Skype...

Rick
Can you pm me the number .I have it somewhere but my phone has crashed since then .

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have reinsatlled the security module following the instructions but I`m still getting the code.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Installed the security module again .Left the bike alone while i ate dinner .Started it again let it run .No code showed up .I took it for a spin and no code so far .But the security system is not working .

The key light is not on and I can turn the engine on without the fob.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts