Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they finally arrived and I put the Supertrapp Fatshots on my 2006 Street Rod. They are a slip-on muffler, so they went on in no time. It took me a total of 40 mins and most of that time was putting the discs on. I am running 10 discs, topless, K&N, and a PCIII.

The sound is fantastic!!! Much deeper then stock but not obnoxious. The fit and finish is superb, very nice chrome used, and the directions are simple and straight foward. It includes all hardware and the price was right!! I highly recommend them!!!

Now the reason I also went with them is that Supertrapp had been making exhausts for many years now on all types of applications. They do a lot of work testing the pipes and making sure each application is perfect. I like the look of the stock pipes but not the length of them. These are the perfect length.

If you have a DX they make them in flat black as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
looks good.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow 40 views and one post...thanks wiley

Thanks everyone else for no compliments

·
Banned
579 Posts
looks very nice, I love the yellow

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
513 Posts
I bet your mother-in-law will like them - jk.

Looks good, if you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?

·
Soul Stumpy
2,186 Posts
Yeeep, yep, yep

...thinkin' bout gettn' me one of them pairs fer my DX when she arrives. :guns

Love to see the dyno chart on the bike of you have one :deal: :thumb:

I like squid too.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
Wow 40 views and one post...thanks wiley

Thanks everyone else for no compliments
What did you expect... it's an "R".:hidesbeh: :surrender J/K.:D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Got the same ones on my R too, but not running topless.

Have you had a map done, as mine still seems to be running real rich, lots of soot on the discs. Trying out a couple of new maps after paintwork finished, but woulod be interested in trying yours.

They do look cool, and over here everyone asks why they have caps on the end. Also having the catalyst removed and a new sectionof pipe handmade to allow me to sweep the pipes up in line with the rear frame rail.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rckozma said:
I bet your mother-in-law will like them - jk.

Looks good, if you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?

Oh she will learn to love them:spank:

The problem has been rectified:deal:

I got them for $330.....that's because I had a $100 giftcard(brought somebody into the dealer and they bought a bike)....so $430 which is still not too bad.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BeelzeKnut said:
...thinkin' bout gettn' me one of them pairs fer my DX when she arrives. :guns

Love to see the dyno chart on the bike of you have one :deal: :thumb:

I like squid too.
I'm getting it on the dyno next week....I will post them up

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mac53 said:
Got the same ones on my R too, but not running topless.

Have you had a map done, as mine still seems to be running real rich, lots of soot on the discs. Trying out a couple of new maps after paintwork finished, but woulod be interested in trying yours.

They do look cool, and over here everyone asks why they have caps on the end. Also having the catalyst removed and a new sectionof pipe handmade to allow me to sweep the pipes up in line with the rear frame rail.

Just running the map for the Powercommander site....I am getting it tuned nex week....will let you know how it goes

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Very nice. I didnt know ST had slip ons, I might give these a go so I can keep my 02 sensors.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Nice looking mufflers. Do they appear to stick out to the side as much as the stockers. That's my bigest complaint about the stock R, D DX pipes. All seem to head off at an angle from the bike, leaving a huge gap between the swingarm and exhaust.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Z16monte said:
Nice looking mufflers. Do they appear to stick out to the side as much as the stockers. That's my bigest complaint about the stock R, D DX pipes. All seem to head off at an angle from the bike, leaving a huge gap between the swingarm and exhaust.

There is a reason for that......so that access to the wheel nut can be gained so the rear wheel can be removed

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spinedoc said:
Very nice. I didnt know ST had slip ons, I might give these a go so I can keep my 02 sensors.

There is some here that has a pair on a DX that lives in Colorado...do a search for Juniper Pass and watch his video the bike looks great with them

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
There is a reason for that......so that access to the wheel nut can be gained so the rear wheel can be removed
Yeah I know it has purpose. The pipes on the A are just so much tighter to the swingarm though. I use a crowsfoot to access the nut and have no problem. it's simply a blemish on an otherwise nice design.
Ed

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
I think they look great!

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Any chance we can hear how they sound?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts