Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

I hate being slower than 600's! >>

6K views 76 replies 24 participants last post by  Nubster 
Karl,

It's not what he's done but how well he's done it. John and a couple others have gotten their bikes tuned to put ~118 HP to the rear wheel. Couple that with the 28T pulley and a good rider and low 11's are certainly possible.

Tell your stealer to do a little more research :eek:

The ratio of speed vs. money is exponential. The biggest gains are usually made with the least amount of time and money in the very beginning. It's that last 10% that will make you crazy.

One of the reasons I got out of the boat racing was the spiraling costs. I spent 15K to go from 68 mph to 78 mph, another 10K to get to 82 mph. To be competitive in my class I either had to drop back below 80 (not likely) or get to 90. The jump to 90 mph would have set me back another 25K - 30K (supercharger, out drive package, pistons, crank, headwork........). Hardly worth it IMHO so I got out of racing and enjoyed the 82 mph boat for another 2 years.

Kaz can always take off the training wheels and slick and have a kick as* boulevard rocket ;)

It's not just going 9.99 in the 1/4 mile that's the target, it's doing it on a V-Rod without any internal engine modifications.

If it was easy then everyone would be doing it and if everyone was doing it then where's the challenge?

Buying a sub 10 second bike would be easy. Kaz never does anything easy :diablo:

Kaz,

I've had soooo much fun with guys that have the "girl" phobia with my last race boat. With the separate throttle and steering it was so easy to embarrass guys, sometimes to the point of them not even returning to the dock after a race.

I'd be in the passenger bolster and my wife would be in the drivers seat. She would wave at them as we blew past. On one occasion we were so much faster we circled around and literally ran circles around them.

You should have heard the cat calls and razzing that they would get IF they bothered to return to the dock.

Being competitive is great, I have the same affliction, but it really shouldn't matter what gender you're racing. I have the utmost respect for female racers in any form of racing and have no problem treating them as equals on the course. I don't want to win any more simply because it's a girl driving. I simply want to win. If I lose fair and square to a woman then I will be the first in line to congratulate her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.