Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
I LOVE that look ... if they didn't weigh so much, that's the route I would have taken

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yeah, Half the performance gain from changing exhaust come from the reduction of weight. Most aftermarket systems are about 20 to 30 pounds lighter than the stock system.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Heavy, restrictive, quiet, chrome. Even modded, still heavy, less restrictive, less quiet, costly to coat black. For the money, there are plenty of choices. It is cool looking, but, for the money, better alternatives, IMHO. Joe

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I LOVE that look ... if they didn't weigh so much, that's the route I would have taken
the powerline using only the top 'A' can is quite a bit of weigh savings and is one of the best looking exhausts on a DX..

·
Registered
110 Posts
the powerline using only the top 'A' can is quite a bit of weigh savings and is one of the best looking exhausts on a DX..
Maybe, but made from UnAttainium at this time.

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts

that is sharp looking! how does it flow exhaust?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
that is sharp looking! how does it flow exhaust?
that can is Vmodded so the inner baffle is gone, and the 3rd volume is gutted w/zero restriction.... It flows reeeeeal nice:thumb:

·
SJP↓My Horse↓
460 Posts
I always thought that the stock A exhaust was the best looking exhaust for the rods out there with the powerline being a close second. I think it flows with the look of the bike perfectly, much more than any aftermarket. Just wish they weren't so heavy and quiet, vmodding can fix some of that.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
that can is Vmodded so the inner baffle is gone, and the 3rd volume is gutted w/zero restriction.... It flows reeeeeal nice:thumb:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClD5BeR43oM
Yeah, it does for 1 cylinder.... every V-Rod I've personally observed on a dyno (3 total) struggled to make 100hp. There isn't enough exhaust volume for both cylinders at high rpm and the motor was choked.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always thought that the stock A exhaust was the best looking exhaust for the rods out there with the powerline being a close second. I think it flows with the look of the bike perfectly, much more than any aftermarket. Just wish they weren't so heavy and quiet, vmodding can fix some of that.
I hear so many people complain about the weight, but whats the big problem? It isnt going to slow you down that much, is it that you feel it nagging at your right side? You would think after riding for a while you would just counter lean that naturally.

As for quiet, just vmod it, right?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, it does for 1 cylinder.... every V-Rod I've personally observed on a dyno (3 total) struggled to make 100hp. There isn't enough exhaust volume for both cylinders at high rpm and the motor was choked.
Are you reffering to the powerline specifically? I wondered about that.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
The stock pipes v modded saved a lot of weight with this setup. These pipes have had the chrome sand blasted to scuff them up a bit and sprayed with multi coats of dupli-color low gloss black engine enamel. Part number DE1634. The coating has been on now for a couple of years with no problems. With an AW third volume and exhaust mounting hardware from a stock AW this system will bolt right on a DX.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Are you reffering to the powerline specifically? I wondered about that.
Yes. The people who have it did it for the look, and really weren't concerned about top end hp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts