Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that I got SCREWED ! I was looking for a frame section # 47988-05 for my 03 V-rod . I was contacted thru this forum by Harry09 . He put me in contact with a [email protected] . After a few emails I purchased the part . Now 3 days after paying him thru Pay Pal I email him AND he states He has no idea what I'm talking about !!! This is SAD !!! Now I'm out $250.00 Plus I still have no part to fix my bike ! WHAT A POS !! I have tried to contact Harry09 . I'm waiting for a reply . If anyone has any idea what i can do Please let me know Thank You

·
Registered
642 Posts
Unfortunately that has been going on a lot here lately. The message you receive goes something like- “My friend has xxx. Email him at xxxxx.com. “. Those replies are ALWAYS a scam, and sadly you got burned. Your only real recourse is to contact PayPal and file a dispute. And of course keep looking for the part you need. Sorry man, it sucks

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
It seems that I got SCREWED ! I was looking for a frame section # 47988-05 for my 03 V-rod . I was contacted thru this forum by Harry09 . He put me in contact with a [email protected] . After a few emails I purchased the part . Now 3 days after paying him thru Pay Pal I email him AND he states He has no idea what I'm talking about !!! This is SAD !!! Now I'm out $250.00 Plus I still have no part to fix my bike ! WHAT A POS !! I have tried to contact Harry09 . I'm waiting for a reply . If anyone has any idea what i can do Please let me know Thank You
Can't really help. These low life scum bags really piss me off. A while back I was in the market for valve shims and had a similar experience. Guy on forum sent me a friends email which had some. I made contact and I asked him a few specific questions on them being oem and sizes. Didn't take too long for me to suspect this fool knew very little on the subject and that made me hesitant. Fortunately, member Rusty here, had a set willing to part with. Him I can trust so made the deal. Beware of any 1 posters when comes to making deals on the forum. No way to really know who they are and what the agenda is. Good part is you went Pay Pal so the money isn't lost. Still a pain for you to go through however.
Ron

·
Registered
658 Posts
I assume you paid using friends and family choice through PayPal? If not you can file a claim. If you did send it for friends and family there is not much you can do. There has been sooooo much of this lately. There seems to be no moral standard in the world anymore. probably because everyone is anonymous behind a keyboard. It just bugs me so much that this crap happens. A mans word means nothing anymore. I have no idea how they sleep at night.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume you paid using friends and family choice through PayPal? If not you can file a claim. If not, there is not much you can do. There has been sooooo much of this lately. There seems to be no moral standard in the world anymore. probably because everyone is anonymous behind a keyboard. It just bugs me so much that this crap happens. A mans word means nothing anymore. I have no idea how they sleep at night.
I did pay using friends& family . So that money is lost. I guess this is a expensive lesson ! It sure is sad when you think about it . Well you know what they say " Can't trust anyone "

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's sad that you can't trust anyone anymore but at least it wasn't a huge amount of cash. So, you probably already know, but.... DO NOT EVER use the friends and family option. There is no protection at all. If someone asks for it, walk away. If you are a legit seller, you have nothing to hide and will except regular payment. Lesson learned..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies Yeah it's sad . So I am still looking for part # 47988-05 for my 03 VRSCA Have a nice day . # learned my lesson

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Thanks everyone for the replies Yeah it's sad . So I am still looking for part # 47988-05 for my 03 VRSCA Have a nice day . # learned my lesson
That Fredy-ee link I sent you is one option. Might be expensive but he is trustworthy for sure. Is yours beyond the point of being repairable? Many have been redone in the peg area with reweld. As for these crooks, I really think there should be a minimum post count before being able to sell. Gives one a chance to know if the person is on the forum is somewhat legit. Never deal with a friend that might have a part. That's a red flag to me now. As for sending to friend on PayPal, I've done it but I knew enough about the person to make the call and it always turned out good. Unfortunately, it's no longer a trusted society with crooks around every corner. Really sad.
Ron

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately that has been going on a lot here lately. The message you receive goes something like- “My friend has xxx. Email him at xxxxx.com. “. Those replies are ALWAYS a scam, and sadly you got burned. Your only real recourse is to contact PayPal and file a dispute. And of course keep looking for the part you need. Sorry man, it sucks
I did contact Pay Pal I also sent Emails to the person I sent the money to .This is their reply
I’m sorry! For who ever is doing so ! But I will try to make sure it’s returned. No ! Need to file a claim. I don’t want to be caught in the middle! Thanks .Then I got second Email stating I don’t! Want to get caught in the middle of anyone transactions! I’m sorry for whoever is doing so! I’ll make it returned. Someone was using my PayPal and email 📧! So please understand I don’t want fraud against Me! Now after this person John Wilson said he has no idea what I'm talking about , I get a 3rd Email stating
I Just talk to Him ! He Knows it going to be returned. Thanks!
I will keep after this SCAMMERS Hopefully they won't do it again

·
VRSC est -03
3,094 Posts
Sorry about your loss, as said [email protected] every where, we`re surrounded by `em.

A few days ago I had a purchase via ebay, UK. The seller was at the post office, received shipping price to Norway AND delivered the package for shipment BEFORE I paid for content and shipping. Of course I paid. It is called mutual trust.

Reactions: coastrider

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
I just did the same with the seller of an entire F Model exhaust system he sent it to me, I got it and inspected it, just paid him 5 minutes ago - he trusted me because of how long he's seen me on here and how many post counts i have I guess - but it all worked out with mutual trust like Knut says -
Het Grimy RDMC Check Pinwall Cycles they've parted out many V Rods they might have that frame section - keep an eye on e bay as well - Also if yours is not badly damaged pull the boss back straight on the bike using the footpeg hole and a pipe, then remove, weld, paint & re-install it that'll save you the money you lost trying to buy one - Good Luck !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just did the same with the seller of an entire F Model exhaust system he sent it to me, I got it and inspected it, just paid him 5 minutes ago - he trusted me because of how long he's seen me on here and how many post counts i have I guess - but it all worked out with mutual trust like Knut says -
Het Grimy RDMC Check Pinwall Cycles they've parted out many V Rods they might have that frame section - keep an eye on e bay as well - Also if yours is not badly damaged pull the boss back straight on the bike using the footpeg hole and a pipe, then remove, weld, paint & re-install it that'll save you the money you lost trying to buy one - Good Luck !!
Thanks Streetrodracer I'm going to try that today

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The frame rails for the early V-Rod are still available from the dealer. I just checked. I alway google the e-mail link.And just like this clown. It shows up that he is scamming on several forums.
New Castle Harley Frame Rail

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The frame rails for the early V-Rod are still available from the dealer. I just checked. I alway google the e-mail link.And just like this clown. It shows up that ge is scamming on several forums.
New Castle Harley Frame Rail
JJrod Thank You I'm contacting my local dealer now Good to know about the other forums Maybe we can stop this guy before He scams anyone else !

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sorry, Fixed the link for new castle. The part from them shows at $382.18
I always google the so called contact info and come up 80-90 % of the time are scammers

Reactions: Grimy RDMC

·
Registered
04 VRSCA, 02 Road King Classic, 2000 1200 Sportster Lehman trike
22 Posts
I bought one of these from New Castle last year. Slow shipping at the time but good people.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts