Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most will say this is worthless with out pics.
Man I need to buy a camera/it was one of the things the wife took when she left. And shortly after I finely got my bike. Any way, I just bought a digital oil temp dip stick. And thought about cutting the wires so I could extend the lcd part. Well, I did it and put it in the very tip of the seat. I know you might be thinking what he talking about. And i like where I placed it. Not that there was many choices to put it. And as for the dip stick part. I cut the old plastic one so I only had the top part. Then I drilled a small hole for the wire. It fit perfectly and even the set screws secured it tight. The wire will twist fine when it’s removed to check or add oil.
I can’t wait to get pics. I will soon. O and after looking at the lcd in the seat looks like a high end car, you know, the ones with the round quarts clock that’s always the center.
If you haven’t seen my other awesome idea I have a pic of that ill post.
And as always, this site rocks!!!!!!! I`m very glad to be a member :):D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
you definately need to buy a camera!!

·
Out to Lunch
801 Posts
That's a pretty neat idea. Where did you end up routing the wires?

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but be aware that HD has had numerous issues with the digital oil temp stick. Most often, they read wrong. My local dealer has replaced several of them. Great idea by the way.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I bought my V-ROD after my wife left too LOL. Looking forward to the pics.

Ride safe,
Tim

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
ddavis said:
Not to burst your bubble, but be aware that HD has had numerous issues with the digital oil temp stick. Most often, they read wrong. My local dealer has replaced several of them. Great idea by the way.
+1. The stealer suggested the analog instead.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
LCD oil temp dip stick

Looking forward to see pix of placement near seat. Awesome idea.
I have an LCD dip stick, seems accurate...but may need to change battery every year.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
still waiting on some pics...

do you live near anyone else on the forum, maybe they can take some pics for you

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
I think Max should not allow anyone to join the forum unless they own a camera. Teasing other fourm members with the promise of future pictures is just not right!

·
Formerly BobK
647 Posts
ddavis said:
I went thru 3 of those on my air head and just gave up. They are too fragile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts