Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Its 7pm ON the 26th and we hit dirt back in Hawaii. I am finally back from Iraq. :mad: 3 hours later I am at the house with my family, the dog, and 3 boxes of parts for my V. I waited untill 6am to open 2 of them, most of my parts I ordered from V-Mod. The wife crashed out at about 3am, I was to excited to sleep. The box I wanted most, is the one I waited the longest to open. It wasn't supposed to be here untill the 27th, but I guess it was early. Now on this box it said Trask, so I don't know how to tell you, but it was hard not to open that one. :banghead: I had to play with the wife, kid, and the dog.:blahblah: Talk about self-preservation.:angeldev: I needed the bonus points to get the free time to do the installs. So I get the Trask box open:dance: and check the parts, when I get to a huge envlope:deal: . The instructions for the install, and all of the warnings, "OFF ROAD USE ONLY" My @$$... Which sorta brings me to the point of this thread. Just FYI, I have a 04 VRSCB. In the instructions it says " ATTENION: 2004 AND LATER MODELS You will need to install a 17617-01K fitting in the front head to reduce possible oil leaks. (May need to epoxy the fitting into the cylinder)"
What the hell is this all about? Do I need to drill or tap? Any help would be great, and pics too. I havent called Trask yet, not in a huge hurry. Besides if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have the turbo. You guys are great. Thanks again. Bo...

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Welcome back.... Hope you enjoy your new toy and make sure to take some pics for us envious ones.. :notworth:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
The fitting is the same that was used in the early model heads. The fitting is in the box and all you do is pull out what looks like a 30.06 shell that is in the head with an o'ring now and stick the new fitting in with epoxy. Takes about 2 minutes tops. Watch the video posted and it has it in the video.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Max said:
The fitting is the same that was used in the early model heads. The fitting is in the box and all you do is pull out what looks like a 30.06 shell that is in the head with an o'ring now and stick the new fitting in with epoxy. Takes about 2 minutes tops. Watch the video posted and it has it in the video.

I watched that video. I dont have any immediate plans for a turbo (maybe someday) but I thought that was a very good installation video. The narrator explained things very well while the tech did his thing. I would def. recommend this video to anyone thinking of or getting ready to install a Trask.

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thaks Guys, I knew about that one, I just didnt know that was what it was referring to. I have watched the video a lot. I am ready for the big install. Thanks again.

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Welcome home!
Thanks for your service.

·
MISSISSIPPI KID
1,352 Posts
I have the same set up!

I have a 2004 B with the trask system and 6,000 miles on the turbo itself and never installed the fitting. No problems at all! I still have two fitting in case!
You are going to love the set up! Jeb:dance:

·
'06 night rod
567 Posts
Glad to hear it anytime someone who served makes it home safe and sound! Thanks for your service and I'm truly happy that you can now enjoy your family and get excited about bike stuff!

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
Welcome back...it says "off road use" because you'll be going so fast, you'll find yourself running out of road fast.

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
It is a disclaimer because all aftermarket pipes do not meet EPA noise/pollution restrictions. Just a CYA on their part.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Rocketdoc422 said:
Welcome back...it says "off road use" because you'll be going so fast, you'll find yourself running out of road fast.
That goes without saying - he's in Hawaii!:)
Thanks for your service! :notworth:

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Pondo said:
That goes without saying - he's in Hawaii!:)
Thanks for your service! :notworth:
we have some fine stretches where you can let it rip but the ocean is only half throttle away no matter what direction you go!

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Welcome Home!!

Post some pics of your bike when you get the parts installed.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Welcome home man. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts