Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, got rid of that nasty front end clunk. I dont care what anyone tells you, it is the headset. Drop the headlight, undid the instrument/handlebar assembly, took off the head nut, loosened the pinch bolts, tapped up the triple clamp, @ 5 taps on the bearing nut. Slapped everything back together, and torqued it to the specs I got from "YOU" guys, and now she sounds sweet! Thanks to the people that post in the "How To" section I just saved @ $150.:broke: Thanks guys! :thumb:

Mike

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
:thumb: :thumb:

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
That's worth bringing at least $75 of beer to KC I would say??? :)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I never did get that head clunkin thang, I got the head bangin, but thats another story.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah when I said I got 5 taps, I meant under the triple clamp there is the bearing nut. I turned it about 5 spots w/a screwdriver, NOT 5 turns:stilpoke: .
Then put it back together. The dealer did it at 1K, but I doubt they went under the triple clamp, they prolly just tightened up the top nut, cuz it went away for about 4k's...

Mike

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I could see you in my mind's eye clobbering the crap out of your triple clamp.
My nut probably made 3 turns, yes I said TURNS to get the front where it should be. When I took mine to the dealer for the clunk, it made the clunk when the service manger brought it around. I decided to do it myself.

Proud of you Mike!

·
Simple Pleasures
82 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.