Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
V-Rod Newb
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled the trigger on a 2003 VRSCA. I haven't had a bike in almost 20 years. My wife and I wanted something to putt around on in the evenings and weekends. I got a great deal on it. The guy I bought it from was local and hadn't ridden it for 2 years. It needs alittle work, but not much at all.
Before cleaned up.

Now, the wife is looking for saddlebags and sissy bar/backrests.
Gotta get a new front tire and change the oil for sure. Where's the cheapest place to get a service manual.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome mate:D
Bike looks great

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Welcome!!!

Most people mail/phone/internet order from Hales or Zanottis harley dealerships. 20% off, no sales tax. Call Hales, Jim @ Ext: 228 - tell him Rick sent you.

'03 manuals can be "found" online in PDF format - just scroll down in this subforum, you'll find a couple of links to them. I prefer printed books (fuk the TREES) myself.

Rick

·
Registered
527 Posts
These bikes are great buys right now...you will love it:vrodforu:

I got the cd copy of the service manual on ebay for $12 or so. It works as good as the $60 book that I bought for another Harley before so I can recommend it.

·
james
601 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a 2003 VRSCA. I haven't had a bike in almost 20 years. My wife and I wanted something to putt around on in the evenings and weekends. I got a great deal on it. The guy I bought it from was local and hadn't ridden it for 2 years. It needs alittle work, but not much at all.
Before cleaned up.

Now, the wife is looking for saddlebags and sissy bar/backrests.
Gotta get a new front tire and change the oil for sure. Where's the cheapest place to get a service manual.
welcome and congrats on the bike. the cheapest place i found was the google 2003 VROD SERVICE MANAUL VAULT. you can down load the mech and the elec for 9.95 cents. its pdf and you can print it out as many time as needed.

http://harley-davidson.servicemanualvault.com/2003-HD-VRSCA-Service-Manual.html

·
V-Rod Newb
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The link takes me to a page where I can download a bunch of different "download managers" and such. Like VLC, ilivid, rapidshare?
What do I do? Which one do I click? - Jim

·
V-Rod Newb
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you believe that I picked the bike up at lunch time yesterday, rode it straight home, went back to work. The clock was spinning soo slow all afternoon, I get off work and as soon as I pull out, it started to rain! Now it is raining again today. We have had like 2 weeks straight of nice riding weather, I get a bike and it rains! UGGGH! - Jim

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi

How did you get on riding after a 20 year absence
I'm about to pick mine up soon, after its had a service and an MOT
I haven't riden for 20 years, a bit daunting:paper:
I am looking forward to getting it

Ray

·
Registered
264 Posts
WELCOME! The V-Rod is the best bike and yours looks good. You'll love all the folks on the forum - they are the best. Hope you can find time to come to Homecoming 2011 at Basswood Resorts near Platt City, MO Sept. 8-10. We'd all love to meet you. Go to Homecoming 2011 for details on calling for reservations and to see who is coming. We will have a factory tour (they will have all their bikes for us to take a test ride), a BBQ on Saturday night and lots of renewals of friendships. Keep the rubber side down.

·
V-Rod Newb
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was at a different point in my life back then (young and stupid stage, I call it) Started a family and got rid of the bike. Now the kids are older and just wanted something that my wife and I could do "together". She wanted a Road King though, talked her into the V-Rod.;)

·
Asylum Inmate
1,117 Posts
Welcome to the club... back after 20 year break ourselves. Last one graduated college and I pulled the trigger on the same year, same model... you won't regret it!

:vrodforu:

You are going to love the asylum!

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Proud of ya , talkin her into the v-rod . My story is pretty much the same as yours , had a sportster in my 20's , sold it 25 years ago , when the 3rd kid came along . Several years ago I got another sportster , but all that time droolin over getting a v-rod . This past february , I found a deal on an '06 D that I couldn't pass-up . And to Ray , don't worry about the 20 year absence . It's just like riding a bicycle , take it a little easy with the right wrist for a few hours . Ask your wife to take a picture of that huge smile across your face the first time you toast a big twin . Enjoy fellas .
Mike

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
By-the-way toorad , I live fairly close to you . If you want hook-up and do some riding together some week-end , that would be great . I don't often get the bike out during the week , but if the weather cooperates , I ride most saturdays and sundays . Just send me a PM .
Mike

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi

How did you get on riding after a 20 year absence
I'm about to pick mine up soon, after its had a service and an MOT
I haven't riden for 20 years, a bit daunting:paper:
I am looking forward to getting it

Ray
Take a rider course and do some parking lot time, it will do wonders.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts