Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember saying those words when I bought my v rod. All it took was one rally with a few guys that had serious mods. I sat last night making up a list of the stuff I'd done for insurance reasons, and have come to the conclusion that you people are to blame for the cost of my bike doubling. It's free to be a member but it'll cost your ass in the end...

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I remember thinking the same thing. Wow this thing is so sweet I don't need to do anything. And then I found this god forsaken place. FML

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
especially if some idiot wrecks you and his insurance company offers you 30% of what you paid for the mods

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Nothing wrong with stock but tinkering is part of the fun for me. Every spring a different version exits the garage. Keeps it fresh and interesting. In 06 My bike went from the showroom floor to my garage and immediately put drag bars and shit-canned the headlight/nacelle for the standard headlight before it was broke-in. Every bike I've owned had drag bars and that stock nacelle was just to damn high and basically cosmetic.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Thats why I left my bike stock :)
Looks like an after market tail light and modified dogs-ass without stock blinkers in your avatar.....from a quick glance. Then a long look in your gallery has about 10K in mods!!! LOL!! :wazzup:

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
no such thing as a stock vrod, everyone is personalized as we prefer

·
Dean
775 Posts
I said the same thing.....now I have a list of mods that I would like to do.

All I need to do is change the name of my "MOD LIST" to "CHRISTMAS LIST" and my family will can no longer say that I am difficult to buy for!:D

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Ditto, one look and I had plans, one look and a member starts offering cheap prices, become a member and fleebay bleeds your accounts...:broke:

Then the wife gets jealous of the mistress....:hidesbeh:

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
especially if some idiot wrecks you and his insurance company offers you 30% of what you paid for the mods
:them:

After seeing what the insurance want to settle for...Iwill leave the next bike stock.

Make sure you get replacement cost and not ACV (actual coast value) cost.

It will cost you more but wil be worth it.

The depreciation that will asset is amazing. :spank:

I even had a rider on the insurance.

Make sure you know what you are getting.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've added arnott's, Rick's tank, rizoma handlebars, trask, Louballs led's, wicked airbox, Franklin's hotrod rear fender, x-treme machine wheels (budget 240 my ass) and now a cutting edge illusions paint job... Plus replaced all the stock blah with chrome bling... Now take a good look at those products. Cause damn near all of those names came from here. Oh and let's not forget the pondo line of products! Also didn't list all the great deals I've picked up in the classifieds. Hell most of which never got installed but I had to have!

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I have the sickness. I decided after losing $5000 on my wrecked V that the next one would be closer to stock. It's not...just some different mods. No chromed fork legs...no chromed triple trees, no chromed hand levers, no chromed pedals. But it has chromed 5-spoke wheels and pulley, HD billet headlight, floorboards, (optional) windshield, Megaline :eek:) exhaust, and will have chromed Arnott's, PC'd swingarm, and Rick's tank. And I might carry chromed gift projectiles for the next idiot.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
I really have kept my bike stock, or close enough to it as not to matter. I even left the fork and fender reflectors on it.

The only mods I've done are Ricor's in the forks, Xieds, drilled exhaust and a sissy bar. The only other thing I'd like to do is put progressive 440's on the rear, but at $600 a pair I can pretty much guaranty it's never going to happen.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Jedi,
I have CHROME for you.........:stilpoke:
(I am an pusher. Preying on the weak!:D)

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Stop it HoneyB, Stop preying on the weak of wallet...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just before buying mine, I toyed with the idea of adding a Trask Turbo. The day I bought it, rode out and cracked the throttle open, the first thing that entered my mind was 'WTF was I thinking of". Guess what???? Next week it goes in to get a Turbo fitted! Damn you guys and the word 'MOD'.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Ahem........after 30 years of riding Harleys, I don't even try to lie. My 06 got new bars, luggage rack and base plate, and a Corbin saddle, before most of the paperwork was done! Now, Traveler has a mod or two. Comet, my new toy, has a few thousand in mods, and I consider her "stock"! These things beg for mods! It is OK, the problem is when you have more than one, and the mods CUBE! Joe
BTW, Joseph3dogs and PatM are my heroes! Between the two, I thinlk they have every model ever made! Brilliant! But, with no gambling habits, no drugs, no girlfriends, they can afford it!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts