Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to thank everyone for helping me get my "scooter" on the road again, especially Max and RODent. I was really regretting to have to take "her" in to the stealership and pay them a small fortune. After working to try and find the problem (TSSM) and then actually determining the actual problem and then doing the installation and set-up, makes me confident that I can do about anything that would ever need done especially electrical.
The thing that gets me is when I bought the part the guy at the parts counter said "well, I do have one in stock, but you probably should talk to the service dept. first". So I did, and the service guy says"well,you can do the install yourself,but,,,,I've never seen anyone be able to do the install and end up not having to bring it in to us so we can put it on the computer and make it run". Well that's a little dis-heartening to start out with, but I'm a pretty handy person when it comes to doing things plus I have this forum as backup, note I didn't tell the service guy that!! So after a couple of attempts My "scooter" is running like the "raw machine" was made to do!!!!!
Thanks again!!!!!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Thats great to hear. The learn process takes a while but if your determined and follow the directions it really isn't tough.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Glad to hear you are up and running. Staring at that key icon to go out between each cycle during the learn process is such a pain. Did you use a battery tender while doing the process? The process will drop the charge in your battery if you do it a few times...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'd start the process and look at the clock and go do some other little chore while waiting, so I actually got some things done while I was working with the bike.
I did have to use the tender, it will drain the battery quick if you don't.
I've learned a lot during the process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts