Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm official. No more VROD wannabe status for me. Picked up the Black on black VRSCB 04 today with a 02/04 mfr date. Couldnt stop smiling all the way home. Wife gave me the usual crap she does when I buy anything big. Naturally I bought the sundowner seat, the sport shield, the leather bags, and a few other goodies that you guys recommended. I am going to have some fun this weekend attaching that stuff and heading out to AZ for a little fun. Words can't describe the joy that bike brings to my heart. I can't wait to get through the honeymoon period and open it up on a stretch to Vegas or Palm Springs. There is a noticeable difference in reach to the handlebars on the VRSCB compared to the VRSCA, not huge but noticeable....next mod will be muffler, braided lines, muffler clamps, and figuring out this stuff about flashing software, taking the air intake off etc. I attached a pic of my baby's first night at home. I noticed I'm not the only one who likes the black on black vrscb 04 model....very cool and looks great next to the silver and black porsche twin turbo. Any vrodders ever in San Diego look me up through here and lets go for a ride. Greatly appreciate this forum and how it helped me to hang on, keep the faith and feed my passion while I waited patiently for 10 months. :notworth:

owenwil

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Congats!

Cool Bike! Got one just like it.

You have fun spending a ton of money on it LOL

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: where's the Car?My buddy has a pretty sweet Tech Art 911 twin turbo that goes 190 like it's NOTHING! :yak: ;) I have my own Turbo Hot Rod ,but used have pretty sick Porsche back in the Day!The new ones are just so much more refined kinda of like are V-rods,and since Porsche had a Little to do with the design of the Bike it's a Great Team! :thumb:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome!! From a member of the "Black Sheep"!! Change that seat ASAP!! The Sundowner or the Corbin seem to be the choices. I have the sundowner and it SO comfortable! When your ready for the chrome, get the braided steel stuff! It cost more, but looks better (IMHO). Enjoy your ride!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Cool,
Lots of luck, and may you have a deep wallet....
We all try to feed her and keep her under control.
But sometimes.....................

Have fun,BobT

·
Registered
474 Posts
owenwil said:
Words can't describe the joy that bike brings to my heart. I can't wait to get through the honeymoon period and open it up on a stretch to Vegas or Palm Springs. There is a noticeable difference in reach to the handlebars on the VRSCB compared to the VRSCA, not huge but noticeable....

owenwil
YeeeHaaa! I agree. I'm closing in on 500miles. Getting anxious.
I rotated my handle bars slightly closer than they were and then rotated the hand controls under a bit to put them back where they belog.

·
Registered
474 Posts
owenwil said:
Couldnt stop smiling all the way home. Wife gave me the usual crap she does when I buy anything big.
owenwil
My wife was disappointed a year agoo when I came home on a new bike. However, she was unhappy because I didn't buy a V-rod. This time, when I came home on the v-rod, she was thrilled. Need my wife to call your wife? ;-)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys all rock....guess I need to take a photo of the porsche next to the V-Rod...cousins of a sort. Trying to figure out how to get the clamps on the handlebars for the windshield without dismantling the whole brake, clutch, throttle, assemblies and pulling them off. anyone know? I will search and pot int he tech area.

·
Registered
257 Posts
welcome

1 - 16 of 16 Posts