Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last week I purchased a Vetter Windjammer II fairing and a bracket assembly for a full dresser that I had to pull off of an 82 CB900C myself. But I got the parts for $80 so, I thought it was a pretty decent deal. I wasn't sure what bike it was going on...Age wise it would mesh with the '79 XS750 pretty damned well. Came off of a Honda, so why not put it on the 03 Shadow 750? But then I found the threads on here about putting Vetter fairings on a VROD and I LOVED the look! So I'm going all out and making it a bagger. I'm negotiating right now for a full Goldwing dresser to put on the bracket I bought, which I am sure will need to be modified. I'm also looking at putting a Heritage front fender and a Fatboy rear fender on the bike. I'm really excited about this project now! Really looking forward to completing it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the post @SpectreGunner! Glad to see someone here from right around the corner as well!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You bet. Here in Safety Harbor, FL. Everyone LOVES the sound from my Thunder Headers capped off with the Tailgunner spinning Minion tailpipe that is wide open with no baffling. Two unique things on this model are the 180 rear tire and narrower rear and the mid controls. I am not a fan of the mids but they are unique.

·
ride 'em hard & wet!
34 Posts
I have the same bike Gunner, love it. I had Rich’s modify the seat so 500mi is a comfortable jaunt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got a Vetter trunk off of a Honda gl1100, a pair of Vetter saddlebags off of a Kawasaki gs850, and a Harley highway bar...all from eBay all at just under $400.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got a Vetter trunk off of a Honda gl1100, a pair of Vetter saddlebags off of a Kawasaki gs850, and a Harley highway bar...all from eBay all at just under $400. Can't wait to start putting it together!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got a Vetter trunk off of a Honda gl1100, a pair of Vetter saddlebags off of a Kawasaki gs850, and a Harley highway bar...all from eBay all at just under $400. Can't wait to start putting it together!
Congratulations put it together and update how it turns out.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts