Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley put up 08 bikes on website now. They show the 3 colors of the VRSCDX and they talk about the 1250 engine and ABS etc. Sorry if this is old news.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
It does suck if you just bought a 07 Dx or any 07 for that matter with everything going to the 1250. The 1250 is nice engine, there a difference when you ride them over the 1130, the 1250 just feels a stronger.

·
1 Person Biker Gang
287 Posts
It might just be the picture, but the DX looks to have less rake than a '07.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tell you if I was not a fan of the VRSCDX I would get that new FXCWC Rocker C.

Yep I can't see wanting to get the 08 just for the change in engine. I would like to have a 08 and have the new engine but just can't imagine it is worth switching. Also can't I have my engine built up into a 1250?

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
DX is pretty much the same bar the stripes. Vivid and denim has gone.

1250 to meet stricter EU emissions (over here), (my local HD tech says they are choked so heavily they may not even make the 1130 power).

ABS probably the biggest change that matters.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
diverse said:
I wonder if the ABS is retro fittable?
Probably unlikely as none of the wiring will be in the loom, nor warning light on the console, nor the CPU to measure brake lock etc.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
nightrodspecial said:
Yep I can't see wanting to get the 08 just for the change in engine. I would like to have a 08 and have the new engine but just can't imagine it is worth switching. Also can't I have my engine built up into a 1250?

Yes it can... The kit, if you can find one goes for anywhere from $800-$3000.

And... what makes you think HD will not come out with a 1350 next year to get you to upgrade again! :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm one of those people that just got the DX (a month ago). the only thing that is slightly interesting is the slipper clutch but then again i wonder about it's use on anything other than an all out sports bike.

i would rather have my DX now when it is summer (albeit a poor one here in england) than wait for the next model to arrive and it be winter. also, more and more DXs will hit the road. it's nice to have something now that is still very unique.

now, if i had just bought a Buell, I would be upset what with the 1125R being announced today.

Kieron - wouldn't you be able to have your dealer easily remove the choking on the 2008 model? Even the current DX is slightly under the power of the US model thanks to the cat converter. This is easily overcome by changing the pipes - something which is technically illegal but HD dealerships are happy to do.

MikeP - isn't the big bore kit a standard HD upgrade kit offered by HD themselves? In fact, isn't the 2008 DX exactly that - the current engine with a big bore kit as standard?

·
Registered
597 Posts
the motor size doesn't bother me just because it is only 5 more hp than the 1130cc. What upsets me is the addition of the slipper clutch, but I guess you could just buy one and install it, same everything else and all.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
can you say slipper clutch

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Soda said:
Kieron - wouldn't you be able to have your dealer easily remove the choking on the 2008 model? Even the current DX is slightly under the power of the US model thanks to the cat converter. This is easily overcome by changing the pipes - something which is technically illegal but HD dealerships are happy to do.
The issue will be at MOT time when they put the sniffer on the exhaust. It'll fail the emissions regulations and therefore fail the MOT.

Happy with the '07 to be honest - especially now that my paint scheme has been discontinued.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Something doesn't look the same....is the 08 shorter than the 07? Is there more/less rake? I can't put my finger on it but cosmetically something has changed...or so it seems from comparing the 07 hd pics to the 08 hd pics.

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Actually I hope HD is launching something big at the dealer meetings cause, while I like what I saw on the website I can say that I am not overly impressed with any of the minor changes I see..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Those orange and pewter stripes are hideous looking. Makes me feel better about my vivid 1130!

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
mattsmusic said:
Those orange and pewter stripes are hideous looking. Makes me feel better about my vivid 1130!
I'm suprised they dropped the vivid with denim stripe. Maybe it was a paint issue - easily scratched possibly?

The orange looks ok, don't really like the silver.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts