Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some one please help i dont know what to do .
Here i am in oz with a dx with 30 tooth front sprocket i know the 28 tooth is standard in the states but we can not get the sprocket or the shorter belt they say here becouse the 28 th is a domestic part they can not order it or they dont give a stuff maybe if i was riding a softtial or dyna i would get better service.
If someone can help me with part mumbers for a 28 th the belt and maybe a 26 th.
Thanks in advance Chewy.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Chewy -

A few numbers:

The 28t sprocket by itself is 40345-04
The 149t belt is 40105-04
A 'Conversion kit' with the sprocket, nut, spacer, cap, flange, locking plate, screws and 149t belt is 40014-04K

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that but that kit will not fit the dx becouse of the 240 tyre and narrow belt

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
chewy said:
thanks for that but that kit will not fit the dx becouse of the 240 tyre and narrow belt
:banghead: Oops! Forgot about that. I only have an 06 parts catalog. Hopefully someone with an 07 will chime in with the numbers for the narrow belt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Chewy,

I too have the DX, I recently met two guys from Newcastle with 07 D's who have the 240 rear tire and have swapped to a 28 sprocket. I'll see if I can dig up there details and I'll PM you.

Cheers
From Down Under

·
Registered
259 Posts
28 tooth puley and belts

DA !! sorry, it's a little late in the day.

what difference is it going to make? accelerate faster, or ?????

Rob.
07 DX:notworth: :notworth: :banghead:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Call Clint at Rocky Mountain Harely Davidson in Colorado. He may be able to ship them to you...not sure of the cost but if you want them bad enough...

(303) 703-2885

If you do decide to call him, tell him Matt says hello.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts