1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
837 Posts
"I have a strong sense of belonging to this brand community: Agree . . . . . . . Disagre"

Oh boy, this is going to be fun :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
SX200V, this is the wrong website to ask for opinion's on HD. You'll soon find that a big number of the regular's on here, are nothing but a bunch of whiney, crybaby, pu$$y, hypocrit's. Most of them can't stand HD, or anything it stand's for, but they have one sitting in the Garage. Try VTwin forum's and you'll be more likely to get what your looking for. Just wait, it won't be long now, before the crybabies get on here and tell you everything that's wrong with the EVIL moco.... But they'll still have one in the garage, and they'll ride it every chance they get. Good luck!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
SX200V, this is the wrong website to ask for opinion's on HD.
:them: I was fine with helping out until I got to question 5 on page 2: "How long have you been a member of this Harley-Davidson online community?"
This is NOT a Harley Davidson forum or community, this is a VROD forum, plain and simple.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments guys, i called it online community, but its fine if you refer to it as VROD forum. Your responses are very much appreciated as i really need your help:)

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Thanks for your comments guys, i called it online community, but its fine if you refer to it as VROD forum. Your responses are very much appreciated as i really need your help:)
NO, you called it a "Harley-Davidson" online community. Not the same thing as a VROD community.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
by utilizing the right answers you can certainly get your point across about your sense of belonging to the HD Community

·
Registered
59 Posts
You should know of the customer loyalty divisions in the HD market to understand the response from that guy and others. The VRod is a departure from "traditional" Harley-Davidson's (water-cooled, overhead cams, etc.) and represents a step into modern technology. The air-cooled bikes are the "traditional" platform and therefore hold all the "mystique" for many people. Many of us have been derided for purchasing or even considering purchasing a VRod from HD sales people, parts people, and air-cooled owners. The MoCo does not promote or support the VRod in the same manner that it does ANY air-cooled bike. This may seem counter to good market sense but it happens all the time. It has happened to me several times. There are so many accounts that it cannot be ignored or discounted as anecdotal. It is a sub-culture of superiority and snobbery among many. Not all hold these views but it is much more prevalent than one would think. Go ahead and try it yourself since you are in marketing. Walk in to 8 or so HD dealerships, inquire about VRods and see what happens. It would be a good case study for your marketing course. I don't call it whining to expect support for a clearly superior product - I call it bitching cause the people in the marketing department of HD should be paying attention. The rivalry between air-cooled and water-cooled camps is usually friendly but you would be surprised.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh you're in the UK so the experiment won't work as well as in the States I fear. Just do some reading on here about experiences with dealerships. Cheers

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
SX200V, this is the wrong website to ask for opinion's on HD. You'll soon find that a big number of the regular's on here, are nothing but a bunch of whiney, crybaby, pu$$y, hypocrit's. Most of them can't stand HD, or anything it stand's for, but they have one sitting in the Garage. Try VTwin forum's and you'll be more likely to get what your looking for. Just wait, it won't be long now, before the crybabies get on here and tell you everything that's wrong with the EVIL moco.... But they'll still have one in the garage, and they'll ride it every chance they get. Good luck!
Good thing I wasn't around on the day you were elected 1130cc,com spokesmen. Because I sure as hell wouldn't have voted for you.
I don't hate HD, I bought a bike from them. I sure as hell didn't buy a life style. If I was going to go buy a lifestyle, I promise you I'd get a better one than Harley offers.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Good thing I wasn't around on the day you were elected 1130cc,com spokesmen. Because I sure as hell wouldn't have voted for you.
I don't hate HD, I bought a bike from them. I sure as hell didn't buy a life style. If I was going to go buy a lifestyle, I promise you I'd get a better one than Harley offers.
I would have picked a Ferrari or Bentley lifestyle myself. Why is it I was never asked at the Mercedes dealership if I want to buy Their lifestyle? I bought their car.

·
"we are fine"
133 Posts
Very well said!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
Yo noechamp,

Please watch here

http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/1312/

(if you haven't yet)

Cheers,
j

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I agree with several comments and did your study for shits and giggles. If HD had never come up with the Vrod, I still wouldn't own one. The Vrod was a hit out of the park for HD to get other brand owners to buy into the brand and they have, IMHO dissed all of us in the Vrod community, especially when they dumped Buell.

Your mileage may vary,

John (owner of the orphan child VRSCR)

PS: You owe all of us a link to your dissertation, if you want to see mine just ask.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Most of the folks on this forum feel like they ride a NARHley, as in "Not A Real Harley", due to the attitude we get from the "airheads" that can't accept the water cooled engine.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i love my vrod ,unfortunatly it is a harley ,i admit that ,but i would have bought this bike no matter who made it ,as for anything else harley ,they can jam it where the sun dont shine ,

1 - 20 of 75 Posts