Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL. I had an interesting experience on my DX today. My buddy and I went for a lunchtime ride and on the way back to the office I was making a pretty hard left hand turn and had the bike leaned way over. As usual, my heel was dragging but this time I must have hit a pot hole in the road or something because the road ripped my left foot off of the peg and twisted my knee and ankle at a weird angle. It immediately hurt really badly to the point I thought I would have to pull over. But, I made it to the office and it feels fine now besides being a little sore.

Battlescars and injuries...chicks dig them right?

:wazzup:

Fafa

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Glad you're walking OK. Knee injuries are a bitch.

·
1130cc.com PITFA
2,883 Posts
Damn, that hurts just READING about it.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Glad it wasn't worse.

·
Ride Free, Alex!!!
1,422 Posts
Reminds me...when I was in High School, I had a Ducati 98...along with several other bikes though the course of High School... Anyway, as was the practice at the time, we often dropped our inside foot and allowed it to skim along the pavement as we made turns, left or right. We all wore penny loafers...I think they used to all them "Beef Roll" penny loafers. Well, one day I was on my way to the local bowling alley where a lot of us "bikers" (heh-heh-heh) used to congregate after school. I was making a right into the shopping center...so I dropped my right foot and allowed my leather soled penny loafer to drag across the pavement. I was Oh so cool....so I thought.

All of a sudden....POW! Something jerked my right foot back about 10 inches, and like you said Fafa, jerked my ankle and knee in a go-to-hell angle. "What in God's name was THAT?" I thought.

When I got to the bowling alley, I parked my little Ducati and stepped off...almost fell on my ass. Turns out the heel of my right penny loafer had caught on the lip of the driveway entrance that was about a 1/2 inch higher than the pavement and it cleanly removed the heel from my loafer! All I had on my right foot was a damned moccasin...! :D

The stupid things we do... Glad you're okay, Fafa....I can relate.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Yeah don't get to happy. You may not be able to walk on it tomorrow. That is what happened to me when i hyper extended my knee. :moon: Good luck

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the well-wishes everyone.

It seems to be getting a little more sore as the afternoon progresses :(

Will let the wifey take care of me tonight (I'll tell her 3OliveMartini said chicks dig it).

Joking joking joking.... :angelwin:

fafa

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Concur with Mike. Add brown liquor, on the rocks. That very thing that happened to you also happened to me on a test drive (ride), which led me to buy the "R". Impossible to drag a heel on an "R". Even if it is lowered! Even if it is green! Or both! Rest up. Ice it down, and cheers! Good luck. Joe

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
CPTJAM said:
Concur with Mike. Add brown liquor, on the rocks. That very thing that happened to you also happened to me on a test drive (ride), which led me to buy the "R". Impossible to drag a heel on an "R". Even if it is lowered! Even if it is green! Or both! Rest up. Ice it down, and cheers! Good luck. Joe
:them:

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
CPTJAM said:
Impossible to drag a heel on an "R". Even if it is lowered! Even if it is green! Or both! Rest up. Ice it down, and cheers! Good luck. Joe
Man. Some guys take a beatin all the time. I guess when you are a fashion plate some people just have to hate you. :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
fafafooey said:
LOL. I had an interesting experience on my DX today. My buddy and I went for a lunchtime ride and on the way back to the office I was making a pretty hard left hand turn and had the bike leaned way over. As usual, my heel was dragging but this time I must have hit a pot hole in the road or something because the road ripped my left foot off of the peg and twisted my knee and ankle at a weird angle. It immediately hurt really badly to the point I thought I would have to pull over. But, I made it to the office and it feels fine now besides being a little sore.

Battlescars and injuries...chicks dig them right?

:wazzup:

Fafa
Go find a good chiropractor, even small injuries can have long lasting effects, microtraumas that can cause a variety of other troubles, in other parts of your body. Get an evaluation, and adjustment. You might need adjustments for awhile to set you right.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
runit1971 said:
Yeah don't get to happy. You may not be able to walk on it tomorrow. That is what happened to me when i hyper extended my knee. :moon: Good luck
Yep...you're right. Damn near out of commission today. May have to see the man in the white coat. :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts