Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 with a bad rod and crank. Live in NW Florida.

Who would you refer me to for repairs?

Does anyone have a engine for sale? Or a wrecked bike?

Not afraid to put some money into it. Bikes custom w/ stock lower end. Repair stock crank to billet or make it a roller. I'm open for any suggestions on which way to repair vs cost.

Thanks,

Frank
[email protected]

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
I assume you already have the motor tore apart to know the crank and a rod is bad?
First thing i would do is get ahold of OhioVrod on here and go from there. He sometimes has crank specials and so on and a really good guy to deal with.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I have a 04 with a bad rod and crank. Live in NW Florida.

Who would you refer me to for repairs?

Does anyone have a engine for sale? Or a wrecked bike?

Not afraid to put some money into it. Bikes custom w/ stock lower end. Repair stock crank to billet or make it a roller. I'm open for any suggestions on which way to repair vs cost.

Thanks,

Frank
[email protected]
the crank can be welded and reground .. i would assume that somebody like eagle hd would have lots of used stock connecting rods and possibly cranks because of all the stroker motors they build..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assume you already have the motor tore apart to know the crank and a rod is bad?
First thing i would do is get ahold of OhioVrod on here and go from there. He sometimes has crank specials and so on and a really good guy to deal with.
Lane,

Never heard of them. Looking into it now. Thanks for the fast replies. I will contact them and let them know you refered me. I'm looking at all possibilites to get me back running. Yes, engine is torn down to the point to diagnose rear cylinder. Crank has minimal damage.

Did you have some work performed by them? If so, what did you have done and ball park price.

Thanks for help!!!

Frank

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Scott's a good guy (OhioVrod) just wait for his return call. Nothing happens fast now that you are where your at!

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Lane,

Never heard of them. Looking into it now. Thanks for the fast replies. I will contact them and let them know you refered me. I'm looking at all possibilites to get me back running. Yes, engine is torn down to the point to diagnose rear cylinder. Crank has minimal damage.

Did you have some work performed by them? If so, what did you have done and ball park price.

Thanks for help!!!

Frank
On my rebuild i went through Scott (OhioVrod) to have my heads reworked. I also bought most parts there also. Dont worry he has a pretty good reputation here and again agreat guy to deal with.

The reason I asked if you had motor tore down it kinda puzzeled me that you got that far but requested for a mech. to work on it?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Sorry to hear about the engine problems. I've heard these engines are tough, so....

How did it happen? racing, lack of maintenance, etc

How many miles are on it?

Any drag, power shoot out, or tire burning time on it?

What were the symptoms while riding?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too good of a opportunity to get this out!

Sorry to hear about the engine problems. I've heard these engines are tough, so....

How did it happen? racing, lack of maintenance, etc (or a idiot)

(It's called, DO NOT LET YOUR BROTHER IN LAW RIDE YOUR BIKE!!! Specially when he owns a few rice rockets. I thought I was going to convence him to go all harley. Plan failed! He made a pass up the road a few times. A few passes later he was winding her up down shifting as I told him to stop. He told me he would by the bb kit if something happend, did it again and again! Bike got hot and on start up it had a slight knock which we all know that it's not fixing it's self after that. Just like HIM, not helping to cut a check for his abuse. My fault, my lesson. I have a lot of toys that I will not let anyone enjoy no more!!!! Has anyone seen my X - Brother In Law around???? HIS NAME IS ROBERT CHRUM LIVING BY CAPE CONAVERAL, FL. HIS # 321-482-2152 HE DOES NOT ANSWER MY CALLS! HE OWES ME SOME CASH ALONG WITH THE BOUNTY!!!

How many miles are on it?
(A little over 11k on it. This bike has only seen rain once) (That should speak for the maintenance as well)

Any drag, power shoot out, or tire burning time on it?
(No drag, just on the streets to make them bussa's look bad. No burn outs, launch it here and there but mostly on the roll. Don't get me wrong, I get it all out of shape but with respect)

What were the symptoms while riding?
(See above comment) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts