Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
i cant make it my buddy is giong tom gates he ran 261.5 in the spring race just went by his house hes putting the fairings on his busa wish him luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
“Holey-Cow 261+!” what in the heck has he done to the thing to get that much power?

I’ve run there several times, but not this year. March of last year was the last time I ran there. I’ve never gone just to watch, but I’m thinking I may this weekend.

Rouse

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tim,

I didn’t know you were going to build a new frame for your bike. What’s up with that, I thought the bike handled just fine. Are you looking to narrow it up or stretch it, or is it so you can package things a little better?

Rouse

·
Registered
276 Posts
Tim,

I didn’t know you were going to build a new frame for your bike. What’s up with that, I thought the bike handled just fine. Are you looking to narrow it up or stretch it, or is it so you can package things a little better?

Rouse
Johhnie, actually it did handle great, the packinging is becoming and issue, honestly just got frustrasted with the hassells, hence tossed it and building another, not a super big deal, about another month of work, all new body as well. Thanks Tim PS the Bible joke is the funniest shit i have ever heard, tell Leon

·
Registered
276 Posts
Tim,

Rouse
Johmmie, yes all that you mentioned, were a comin!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I went about 2 years ago to watch, it wasnt very spectator friendly. Ive heard its grown alot though, I might make the trip down there again to check it out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went about 2 years ago to watch, it wasnt very spectator friendly. Ive heard its grown alot though, I might make the trip down there again to check it out.
Hell-Fire what LSR event is Spectator friendly? Unless you know what it takes to accomplish what each racer runs, you wouldn't have a clue. There could be a 230 MPH run,that in reality, is a terrible run for the class, or on the other hand, there could be a 50 MPH run that is nothing less than an Earth shaking milestone.

Rouse

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hell-Fire what LSR event is Spectator friendly? Unless you know what it takes to accomplish what each racer runs, you wouldn't have a clue. There could be a 230 MPH run,that in reality, is a terrible run for the class, or on the other hand, there could be a 50 MPH run that is nothing less than an Earth shaking milestone.

Rouse
that applys to any racing event.

im talking parking, loudspeakers, a spectator area. i know it is a operational air strip. but i dont think thats to much to ask.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought a $15 radio and a $30 set of ear bobs to plug into that radio, so I could hear the track announcer. I hope it works at the mile as good as it did at Bonneville.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I bought a $15 radio and a $30 set of ear bobs to plug into that radio, so I could hear the track announcer. I hope it works at the mile as good as it did at Bonneville.
Johnnie,
did'nt know you were carrying that kind of money at bonn. now we know how you were staying so on top of things, hope you don't have that kind of bankroll next year, desperate people do desperate things. We could run out of beer. Tim

·
Heath
389 Posts
I'll prob swing by there sometime this weekend, maybe i'll see you guys around.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tim,
I spent all my money on that radio, the had to double up for the ear bobs. so the bankroll was in my pocket with batteries in it.

I,m going to leave here at 7am headed down that way riding bikes.

I,m planning on Sat. all day and Sun. til 1 or 2 then heading back to the house.

Rouse

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I just got back from the Texas Mile; it was a good ride 3.5 Hrs. ea. way, and well worth the ride.

Just a few Items of interest to note, 280/278 by Bill Warner what a run, 165 by Dave Pilgrim on a stock Destroyer, and the folks from Gruene H-D run 183+ with a Bagger.

For the carnage fans out there, a 240 MPH Lamborghini driver decided to pull the parachute while hard on the brakes. That resulted in a basket case that used to be a very nice car. The driver was fine after being airlifted for a checkup, whoever there wasn’t enough left of the car to load up. I say if you can’t afford to break it don’t play the game.

Rouse

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Johnnie,
did'nt know you were carrying that kind of money at bonn. now we know how you were staying so on top of things, hope you don't have that kind of bankroll next year, desperate people do desperate things. We could run out of beer. Tim
Did you say beer and next year together in the same post? I think I have plans for next year!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts