Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen..Ladies, nice to be here.
got my 11 NRS a few weeks ago, guy dumped a ton of cash into it and wife made him get rid of it since he didn't really tell her bout it. pipes he put on are the V&H Widow slips. doesn't have a fuel management system on it, wondering what you guys suggest? I've had rockets up to this point and have always used power commander, love them and never had problems. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Power commanders work great on our bikes and it's easy to find a map to match your mods. The only thing is, stage 2 cams are hit or miss with power commanders and our bikes. There are used power commanders going for cheap here on the forums.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Power Vision.

Next generation Power Commander with way more for your money.

Not a piggy back system like the PC.
RDS, I believe there is an autotuner for the power vision as well. Is it an add on or included in the power vision? The power commander autotunes on the fly which I love due to going from 6000feet to 14000 and crazy weather changes....does the power vision autotuner does that as well?

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts
The autotune for the power vision is an add on unit.

Where as the PC with autotune could accept trims via a switch on the fly, the power vision does not.

You log your runs and then download the info into your computer, it then calculates a new tune based on that information. You then flash the new tune into the bike.

The tuner software works and looks more like the old SERT.

I don't mind the extra effort because it isn't the piggyback unit that can give you trouble. Plus you have countless was of monitoring the bikes functions through the touch screen. Some of the more simple features you can have on the display as you ride are water temp, voltage, a gear indicator, IAT, average gas usage for the tank and total tank usage for the tank of gas. The gas usage is based off the workload of the injectors, so it knows how much gas has passed through. There is a spot in the tables to fine tune this feature.

When I fill up now, I know how much gas I've used down to the .01 of a gallon. Trust that 1000 times more than the gas gauge.

If you do any motor work, you can adjust for larger bore and stroke as well as different injector sizes.

Just my opinion, I'm very happy with mine.

RDS, I believe there is an autotuner for the power vision as well. Is it an add on or included in the power vision? The power commander autotunes on the fly which I love due to going from 6000feet to 14000 and crazy weather changes....does the power vision autotuner does that as well?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Isn't it more pricy? I didn't get it at the time because I wanted others to pave the ways if there were any problems. More stuff on your handlebars though, seems as though it could replace your tachometer.

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts
Isn't it more pricy? I didn't get it at the time because I wanted others to pave the ways if there were any problems. More stuff on your handlebars though, seems as though it could replace your tachometer.

I'll send you a pic when I get home.
I have a modded cowl that accepts the 7" LED Trucklite headlight. It's also lowered 2" from stock. I've tucked the PV under the cowl along with a mechanical oil pressure gauge and mechanical air pressure gauge for the Arnott's. It's actually pretty stealthy on the Rizoma bars.

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts

As far as more pricey, I guess that is up to you. I like the fact it isn't piggybacking off the computer. Second, once you see all the things it can monitor and tweak, it just seems like you are getting what you are paying for.

It's pricey after buying and selling the PC5 and LCD screen for a loss. But, like you said before.... Somebody has to pave the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as more pricey, I guess that is up to you. I like the fact it isn't piggybacking off the computer. Second, once you see all the things it can monitor and tweak, it just seems like you are getting what you are paying for.

It's pricey after buying and selling the PC5 and LCD screen for a loss. But, like you said before.... Somebody has to pave the way.

what is "pricey"? im looking at getting rid of my VH Widow slips and putting on the Thunderheader. Planning on doing this all at once, so trying to figure out my cost range

1 - 12 of 12 Posts