Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting in my workshop after a day of arranging and re-moving my tool boxes n stuff, drinking a cold Fanta, munching on some Fritos, the oldies playing.. you know, the speakers hanging on each side of the garage giving true stereo separation, the pedestal fan pushing the air to the left, then to the right, the raindrops banging on the roof above. Maan, life is good.
I started thinking back to 73 and my Triumph, then Panhead and kept going through the years of monkee to drag to Flanders bars, peanut, fatbob and mustang tanks. All the way to the 02 Road King.
"That's why it was easy to clean today! No bike to push out of the way."
Later that evening, while my cutie made a great supper, the Discovery Channel had a segment on the making of the Vrod. Although aware of the bike, I never thought of it. As I watched the assembly process I couldn't help but notice stuff. By the end of the program I knew a Vrod would soon be in my garage.
I googled "VRod under MSRP" and found this forum.
Since then I've read almost all the posts,(it's sorta like being in the middle of a conversation), have learned lots of stuff and have narrowed my choice down to the 2006 or 2007 "R" model.
So... as soon as my kids are situated for the Fall semester, I will be in the market for mah own "R", say, starting in mid September. As soon as I iz ready to I will quickly post and hope there is an "R" out there gathering dust on someone's showroom floor with my name on it. Hopefully the "R" :moped: continues to be a slow seller so I can git a great cash deal...

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
:vrodforu: There are alot of folkes from Texas on this forum so you should feel right at home!

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Welcome. Where at in central TX? You need to go to a Wings run with a bunch and meet some of these guys up close and personal (not too close though). I'm up in DFW, but there are several members in Austin. I think prplhays is there with a R model.

Can't wait to say congrats on the new bike. I think they'll still be some good deals by then. The R is the best :D

·
1,828 Posts
Welcome! Nice first post. There are many Rs still on the showrooms. I just traded in my orange 06 with 1,000 miles for $9,500. The dealership is selling it for the same price. (Roadrunner HD in San Benito, TX).

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
San Benito??? There's a great breakfast place across the highway I used to go to (pre-rod) when I lived in Brownsville. A buddy of mine in Brownsville just picked up 2 rods from Austin.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Welcome.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
:vrodforu: :cheers: Welcome, where in Central TX???

·
1,828 Posts
gtrman66 said:
San Benito??? There's a great breakfast place across the highway I used to go to (pre-rod) when I lived in Brownsville. A buddy of mine in Brownsville just picked up 2 rods from Austin.
Yup. There is a HD dealership now to serve the lower Rio Grande Valley. Great people. I spend most of my vacation time in Rancho Viejo.

The dealerships here (McAllen and San Benito) have some used Rs that they need to move fast. A yellow one just sold after sitting on their floor for almost a year.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
welcome

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
Good luck and welcome!:D

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
:welcome: Great post :thumb: