Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Would you use an "Events Calendar" Forum?

• Yes, if it is possible

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No, I don't go to events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure, I can't think on my own

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • This is the dumbest thing I have ever Heard Of!

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this in V-Rod General because I felt it to be the best location for this poll. I don't even know if is available to do, but it would be nice for planning purposes to know the dates and locations of the major events that are going on. Maybe this could be a new area for folks to plan attendance etc... Max is it possible?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
VRODScout, I had to check with my test account to see but the Calendar at the top of the page allows me to add events or other public notices on it. It does not allow members to post public notices but you can send them to me for posting and I think that mjw930 , Val or SuperKaz can but I'm not positive if they can add events.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just thought, for instance, if I was interested in going to Daytona Bike Week in 2004, it would be cool if I had a place to go to see the exact dates here vs. searching the Internet for the events. Then if I wanted to see/discuss what other members were also attending, I/we could set up an “eyeball” ride or party. Unfortunately I think I am volunteering someone for more work than I personally have time for, thus in the rules of my Army, it is a bad idea!:mad:

Mike

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Mike I think it is a good idea. Send me a date that you want posted on the calendar and I'll post it for an example.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Well it looks like mjw930 answered my question about the mods adding events. So check the calendar now and if anyone has an event that they need posted feel free to send it in a PM to any of the mods.

Max

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never volunteer they told me!

In the Army, they say, "NEVER volunteer" but do what your told. Now Max didn't tell me to do this, and I will never admit to volunteering, but I will now "moderate" the event/birthday calendar along with the other great moderators here. I ask that you send the name, date, state if appropriate, and website of the event to be posted on the calendar.
Tanks!

Mike aka Scout

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Ok I hope that you have all seen that VRODScout has excepted my offer to take over the calendar events as well as aid us in moderating this group. I hope you will all help him out and PM him a **** load of calendar events to post. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts